Thread: 38spl / 357mag loads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I use 4gr Tightgroup in a 357mag case. not heavy load very light

When you've settled on a powder, load five of each up with .2gn increments from say 2.6 to 6 gn and try them. You'll soon find your rifles sweet spot. You should easily exceed factory accuracy.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    When you've settled on a powder, load five of each up with .2gn increments from say 2.6 to 6 gn and try them. You'll soon find your rifles sweet spot. You should easily exceed factory accuracy.
    Thanks Des. I'll try this with the Bullseye to start with, but don't think I'll go as high as 6 gn. I've not yet gone any higher than 4.5 gn. Reloading for rifle seems so much more straightforward! N140 for the .308 and 8mm Mauser; N133 for the .223. Seems like there is a lot more choice for the pistol calibre stuff when used in a rifle. I'll get there eventually...

If need any N140 go to Fox firearms there doing its at £216 for 3.5kg

I don't currently shoot .357 but I love N320 in small cases (310 cadet). Burns very cleanly, even at low loads. N310 is better for very low loads but is so fine it flows like water and goes everywhere.

There is nothing wrong with bullseye behind a cast bullet but make sure you don't go too light loads with jacketed.

19 grains of N110 behind a 110 grain JHP used to be fun in a short 357 revolver (those were the days).

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    I don't currently shoot .357 but I love N320 in small cases (310 cadet). Burns very cleanly, even at low loads. N310 is better for very low loads but is so fine it flows like water and goes everywhere.

There is nothing wrong with bullseye behind a cast bullet but make sure you don't go too light loads with jacketed.

19 grains of N110 behind a 110 grain JHP used to be fun in a short 357 revolver (those were the days).
    Thanks Andy...... lots to choose from!