Thread: Sig Sauer P226 & P250 pellet pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm always amused to see people put 8.4 grn or even 7.9 pellets in these blowback guns and then complain that they are hitting low.

Try 7 grn match wadcutters or the non lead pe!lets they are probably tested with by the designers.

The original Umarex semiautos didn't have blow back and were able to average something in the 350fps range.

To expect the same from a gun that syphon half of its CO2 off to work the slide is wishful thinking.

Of course blowback pellet guns are underpowered compared to their bb equlvalents. Steel bbs weigh only about 4 grns.

Alloy pellets are fine for 10m plinking.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 09-12-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I notice that some of these new pistols are very particular about the co2 cylinders used.
    There are a great variety now and they are different lengths widths and top design.

This may have caused the Sig problem above.

Swiss Arms are too wide to go in some pistols.
    Remington are too hard to be pierced by some.

The Crosman Cowboy really does need Crosman cylinders.

All round best bet seems to be Umarex.

So check what the Manual recommends.

Partial piercing gives poor performance.

I like the old Co2 pistols that punch a big hole in the top of any cylinders.
    The modern puny piercing pins and mechanisms ain’t up to it.

I have had a very similar experience to Sniper Pete’s with my own Sig 226. When I spend nearly £200 for an airpistol, mags, pellets and CO2 capsules I expect to be able to pull the trigger 8 times and rely on 8 bits of lead disappearing down range. Not my experience with the Sig. it’s going back and I’m getting CP99 to supplement my excellent CP88.