Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sig Sauer P226 & P250 pellet pistols

Go navy!

Quite like My Sig, in Dark Earth. Seems a pretty solid gun, shoots straight, good grouping @ 20ft, gets about 365fps average, nice weight, trigger decent, but long.
    Nice looking replica, compares favourably to others in it's price category, $150 here in Canada. shoots low and a little left, too bad sights aren't adjustable, but they are
    separate pieces from body and may be modified? Nothing to rave about, but for Me a 'keeper'.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Angry Disappointed

I'm in the process of returning my new Sig Sauer P226.

I hadn't got a blowback pistol in my (ever growing) collection, so I was looking forward to a weekend's play with it, but that was not to be...

As a rule I prefer to buy all metal construction rather than synthetic materials and mainly in .177 pellet version. I also tend to go for CO2 powered pistols.

First off it was a nightmare to open the hard plastic bubble it comes sealed in. I was trying to get it open without too much damage to the pistol, the case or myself. It must have taken me about 20 minutes to finally be able to get it released and I certainly used a few choice words whilst doing so. Apart from the cheap & nasty image these packs give, they are useless once opened for storage and are not even recyclable. They do not protect the contents from any rough handling they may receive in transport either! Even a cardboard box (like the Webley MK VI) is better than these hard plastic bubble packs.

Once open, I examined the pistol for damage and build quality. No obvious damage, but I was not impressed by the build quality. Certainly not comparable to either Umarex or Webley. The finish was poor and the pistol number was badly embossed and almost unreadable. The whole pistol rattled like a sock full of spanners!

I read through the multi language instruction sheet and loaded both ends of a magazine with pellets. Not impressed with the construction quality or cheap grade plastic of the magazine either. I really can't see it lasting very long. Then I attempted to load the CO2. I'd read up how to load it and had also seen it being done on You Tube. Sadly this didn't work for me. I inserted the new cylinder partly closed the handle and, when I felt slight resistance, gripped it fully and attempted the quick squeeze closure. I should be so lucky! A full CO2 cylinder sprayed its contents everywhere. I had met some resistance but I'm not sure what had stopped it fully loading. No obvious obstructions visible anywhere. I waited for the frost to clear and tried again with another cylinder (different make). Same problem. Something seems to be preventing the cylinders going fully "home" and another cylinder of CO2 wasted.
    By this time I'm starting to get annoyed. I gave the pistol a gentle rattle and tried a third cylinder... Success! So, was the problem something to do with whatever was rattling... I don't know!

Still, job done and on to loading the magazine. That inserted, but failed to stay in place ejecting each time I tried. I noticed the eject button was partially in. It didn't want to go in or come out freely. Was this caused by the mystery rattle? After a bit of fiddling I got the button to move a little better and also managed to get the magazine to stay in place.

I could feel my blood pressure creeping up and up. I should have taken these "difficulties" as an omen of what was to come. Safety off, I cocked the breech and took aim, gently squeezing the trigger... and... a half-hearted bang. Something wasn't right and I didn't see anything leaving the barrel. Observing all the safety rules (which I wont bore you with) I checked the magazine. No empty chamber and one pellet had moved from central in the chamber to flat head level with leading edge of the magazine. Again I'll save you the saga of my next hour or so, during which I swapped pellet makes, magazines (I had bought extras), gas cylinder makes and out of what was probably 100+ "shots" I think about 5 actually left the end of the barrel but failed to appear anywhere on a target! That said, I even fired a fresh magazine, with fresh gas cylinder, at an A4 bubble pack envelope held at arms length and not a single hole appeared!

My weekend was ruined. I'd spent nearly £200 on a pistol that doesn't work, 2 extra packs of magazines (4 in total) and pellets and gas galore. I will NEVER purchase another Sig Sauer weapon as long as I live, and would advise anyone who asks NOT to do so either.

My pistol is being returned for full refund and I feel cheated and cross.
    The older I get, the more I know, the less makes sense!
    [BASC Member] Colt Government 1911 A1; Webley MK VI; Walther CP88; Beretta M92FS; Colt Peacemaker SAA; Gat; Webley Eclipse MK2 Carbine; Gamo Maxxim Elite.

I just can't get my head around any company marketing a gun that has non adjustable sights and is inaccurate at just 6-10m ! For £150-200 you guys could buy a quality made, and accurate, used Fas 604 or FWB Model 80 or similar Of course they won't do rapid fire, but they hit the target

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Pete View Post
    I'm in the process of returning my new Sig Sauer P226.

I hadn't got a blowback pistol in my (ever growing) collection, so I was looking forward to a weekend's play with it, but that was not to be...

As a rule I prefer to buy all metal construction rather than synthetic materials and mainly in .177 pellet version. I also tend to go for CO2 powered pistols.

First off it was a nightmare to open the hard plastic bubble it comes sealed in. I was trying to get it open without too much damage to the pistol, the case or myself. It must have taken me about 20 minutes to finally be able to get it released and I certainly used a few choice words whilst doing so. Apart from the cheap & nasty image these packs give, they are useless once opened for storage and are not even recyclable. They do not protect the contents from any rough handling they may receive in transport either! Even a cardboard box (like the Webley MK VI) is better than these hard plastic bubble packs.

Once open, I examined the pistol for damage and build quality. No obvious damage, but I was not impressed by the build quality. Certainly not comparable to either Umarex or Webley. The finish was poor and the pistol number was badly embossed and almost unreadable. The whole pistol rattled like a sock full of spanners!

I read through the multi language instruction sheet and loaded both ends of a magazine with pellets. Not impressed with the construction quality or cheap grade plastic of the magazine either. I really can't see it lasting very long. Then I attempted to load the CO2. I'd read up how to load it and had also seen it being done on You Tube. Sadly this didn't work for me. I inserted the new cylinder partly closed the handle and, when I felt slight resistance, gripped it fully and attempted the quick squeeze closure. I should be so lucky! A full CO2 cylinder sprayed its contents everywhere. I had met some resistance but I'm not sure what had stopped it fully loading. No obvious obstructions visible anywhere. I waited for the frost to clear and tried again with another cylinder (different make). Same problem. Something seems to be preventing the cylinders going fully "home" and another cylinder of CO2 wasted.
    By this time I'm starting to get annoyed. I gave the pistol a gentle rattle and tried a third cylinder... Success! So, was the problem something to do with whatever was rattling... I don't know!

Still, job done and on to loading the magazine. That inserted, but failed to stay in place ejecting each time I tried. I noticed the eject button was partially in. It didn't want to go in or come out freely. Was this caused by the mystery rattle? After a bit of fiddling I got the button to move a little better and also managed to get the magazine to stay in place.

I could feel my blood pressure creeping up and up. I should have taken these "difficulties" as an omen of what was to come. Safety off, I cocked the breech and took aim, gently squeezing the trigger... and... a half-hearted bang. Something wasn't right and I didn't see anything leaving the barrel. Observing all the safety rules (which I wont bore you with) I checked the magazine. No empty chamber and one pellet had moved from central in the chamber to flat head level with leading edge of the magazine. Again I'll save you the saga of my next hour or so, during which I swapped pellet makes, magazines (I had bought extras), gas cylinder makes and out of what was probably 100+ "shots" I think about 5 actually left the end of the barrel but failed to appear anywhere on a target! That said, I even fired a fresh magazine, with fresh gas cylinder, at an A4 bubble pack envelope held at arms length and not a single hole appeared!

My weekend was ruined. I'd spent nearly £200 on a pistol that doesn't work, 2 extra packs of magazines (4 in total) and pellets and gas galore. I will NEVER purchase another Sig Sauer weapon as long as I live, and would advise anyone who asks NOT to do so either.

My pistol is being returned for full refund and I feel cheated and cross.
    Sorry to hear this mate, I have been telling people the so call made by sig, sig Sauer 226 and 250 blowback pellet pistols are rubbish for ages and I'm shocked that I see a few people feel otherwise, but everyone is entitled to their opinion so each to there own.

Get your self a good bb blowback pistol, if your not keen on using steel BBs just use h&n smart shot copper coated lead BB's, these are low ricochet like pellets.
    I think I will do a review on these for people on my YouTube channel very soon. Lol but my video list is quite long at the moment..

If you like sigs, go for the cybergun/Kwc sig Sauer P226 s-5, it's quite accurate and has a fully adjustable rear sight. It's also about as realistic as your get from a blowback airgun.

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I was looking at buying the P226 after watching this. I found this guy annoying at first but now quite entertaining

https://youtu.be/iLlEg-n4X20

But now reading this thread I am unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    I was looking at buying the P226 after watching this. I found this guy annoying at first but now quite entertaining

https://youtu.be/iLlEg-n4X20

But now reading this thread I am unsure.
    I quite like Giles, seems like a very friendly chap.. lol
    yeah leave the sig along mate its not a great gun to be honest, ok if im being honest i think its rubbish lol..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    I quite like Giles, seems like a very friendly chap.. lol
    I first thought "who wants to be Jeremy Clarkson!"
    But now I think he is funny. I also like how informative his videos are.

I will be watching some of your videos in a bit to see how you compare

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    I first thought "who wants to be Jeremy Clarkson!"
    But now I think he is funny. I also like how informative his videos are.

I will be watching some of your videos in a bit to see how you compare
    Lol now you mention it, he is a little like Jeremy Clarkson Clarkson, yeah I do like some of Giles videos too ad you say some are very informative, the thing is though he gets sponsored to promote products and guns to try help selling them so a few guys he says is good are not, but its one if the ways he makes a living so you can't hold it against him,, my and he's videos are quite a lot different but I hope you find a few of my videos interesting too.
    Happy shooting ATB Marc

Moderator adaptor.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    That's disappointing Possibly the same as the CZP-09 then- the only option for a silencer with that was to get one of the ones for the BB/Airsoft P07 and pack it out properly (Easily done as both ends unscrew). IIRC it was around 12mm thread.
    Hi. I did have a chat with a chap on the Best Fittings stand at the British Shooting Show. They may be making an adaptor to convert the barrel thread to the standard size.

Regards.
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

I'm always amused to see people put 8.4 grn or even 7.9 pellets in these blowback guns and then complain that they are hitting low.

Try 7 grn match wadcutters or the non lead pe!lets they are probably tested with by the designers.

The original Umarex semiautos didn't have blow back and were able to average something in the 350fps range.

To expect the same from a gun that syphon half of its CO2 off to work the slide is wishful thinking.

Of course blowback pellet guns are underpowered compared to their bb equlvalents. Steel bbs weigh only about 4 grns.

Alloy pellets are fine for 10m plinking.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 09-12-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I notice that some of these new pistols are very particular about the co2 cylinders used.
    There are a great variety now and they are different lengths widths and top design.

This may have caused the Sig problem above.

Swiss Arms are too wide to go in some pistols.
    Remington are too hard to be pierced by some.

The Crosman Cowboy really does need Crosman cylinders.

All round best bet seems to be Umarex.

So check what the Manual recommends.

Partial piercing gives poor performance.

I like the old Co2 pistols that punch a big hole in the top of any cylinders.
    The modern puny piercing pins and mechanisms ain’t up to it.

I have had a very similar experience to Sniper Pete’s with my own Sig 226. When I spend nearly £200 for an airpistol, mags, pellets and CO2 capsules I expect to be able to pull the trigger 8 times and rely on 8 bits of lead disappearing down range. Not my experience with the Sig. it’s going back and I’m getting CP99 to supplement my excellent CP88.