Thread: Sig Sauer P226 & P250 pellet pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi mate glad you like the pistol.

4'' lower then the POA at 6 yards is really bad though, i could not be happy with that and would take it back, you could try some extra light weight pellets though if you did not want to return it, but it will only make a very small amount of difference..
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I bought one yesterday and I am happy with it. Solid feeling. The trigger is quite good, it takes very little effort to rotate the magazine and the trigger is quite light after that. I tried a CZ09 in the shop and the trigger on the sig is much better. Mine shoots a little low but if you have the foresight slightly higher than the rear sight it will shoot where you want it. Best bet is to file a little off the top of the foresight.
    The thread on the barrel is not 1/2" UNF. I am not sure what it is but it is a bit smaller than 1/2"
    Last edited by Bjacobs571; 14-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I bought one yesterday and I am happy with it. Solid feeling. The trigger is quite good, it takes very little effort to rotate the magazine and the trigger is quite light after that. I tried a CZ09 in the shop and the trigger on the sig is much better. Mine shoots a little low but if you have the foresight slightly higher than the rear sight it will shoot where you want it. Best bet is to file a little off the top of the foresight.
    The thread on the barrel is not 1/2" UNF. I am not sure what it is but it is a bit smaller than 1/2"
    Did think of adjusting the foresight size, just makes a mess of the white dot sighting system.
    Tried at 10m yesterday couldn't get it grouping. Aprrox 12 to 18" drop at that distance. Aiming off not really an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    That's disappointing Possibly the same as the CZP-09 then- the only option for a silencer with that was to get one of the ones for the BB/Airsoft P07 and pack it out properly (Easily done as both ends unscrew). IIRC it was around 12mm thread.

Don't Judge a Gun by it's Picture?

Ordered one today here in Canada $159 our 'Looney's' at an all time low!
    Keeping My fingers crossed, I get a Good one!
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

I've got one. It feels great in the hand, it's heavy and feels a real step up from a tanfoglio witness. It's not very powerful though... Maybe it will be better in the summer.

Thumbs down

Great build quality
    Grossly underpowered, not even fun at 10metres aiming 18" high!
    Sorry Sig had great hopes.
    Steyr LP10, AA S200 .177,
    Remmy Express .177, Sig Sauer P226- .177
    Crosman Rabbitstopper- .22, Chinese XS36-1- .22

I was going to get one.

I handled it in the shop and thought it was awful. Very cheap looking, rough to cycle, sounds like your shaking a can of change when you shoot it.

I bought something else instead.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Moderator adaptor.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    That's disappointing Possibly the same as the CZP-09 then- the only option for a silencer with that was to get one of the ones for the BB/Airsoft P07 and pack it out properly (Easily done as both ends unscrew). IIRC it was around 12mm thread.
    Hi. I did have a chat with a chap on the Best Fittings stand at the British Shooting Show. They may be making an adaptor to convert the barrel thread to the standard size.

Regards.
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

I'm always amused to see people put 8.4 grn or even 7.9 pellets in these blowback guns and then complain that they are hitting low.

Try 7 grn match wadcutters or the non lead pe!lets they are probably tested with by the designers.

The original Umarex semiautos didn't have blow back and were able to average something in the 350fps range.

To expect the same from a gun that syphon half of its CO2 off to work the slide is wishful thinking.

Of course blowback pellet guns are underpowered compared to their bb equlvalents. Steel bbs weigh only about 4 grns.

Alloy pellets are fine for 10m plinking.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 09-12-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I notice that some of these new pistols are very particular about the co2 cylinders used.
    There are a great variety now and they are different lengths widths and top design.

This may have caused the Sig problem above.

Swiss Arms are too wide to go in some pistols.
    Remington are too hard to be pierced by some.

The Crosman Cowboy really does need Crosman cylinders.

All round best bet seems to be Umarex.

So check what the Manual recommends.

Partial piercing gives poor performance.

I like the old Co2 pistols that punch a big hole in the top of any cylinders.
    The modern puny piercing pins and mechanisms ain’t up to it.

I have had a very similar experience to Sniper Pete’s with my own Sig 226. When I spend nearly £200 for an airpistol, mags, pellets and CO2 capsules I expect to be able to pull the trigger 8 times and rely on 8 bits of lead disappearing down range. Not my experience with the Sig. it’s going back and I’m getting CP99 to supplement my excellent CP88.