Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P226 & P250 pellet pistols

Sig Sauer P226 & P250 pellet pistols

Just seen on back page of AG August edition, that Sig have produced the above pistols in pellet ( not bb) form. Looks pretty good semi auto with blow back. But cannot find any for sale at moment.
    Anyone seen or tried them yet, or seen reviews on interweb?
    Distributors highland outdoors.
    Ta

Not on their web site yet

Just watched a quick review of it on YouTube. $99.99

Wonder how much here

Downside, non-adjustable front and rear sight
    Last edited by NigelG; 21-08-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4

RRP is aparently £129 (IIRC) but lets see what happens.

I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I know they use belt feed for the pellets similar to the CX4, I just hope they find a way of cycling the belt using the blowback rather than using the trigger (It shouldn't be too difficult, the back and forward motion of the slide is not too different to the back and forward motion of a trigger pull).

I am hoping we finally get a decent true semi-auto pellet shooting replica, I suspect we will get another gun that looks great on paper but is pretty naff to shoot.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

RRP according to air gunner advert-
    P226- £123.99
    P250-£99.99

Yer shame about non adjustable sights.
    Look forward to seeing first reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    RRP is aparently £129 (IIRC) but lets see what happens.

I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I know they use belt feed for the pellets similar to the CX4, I just hope they find a way of cycling the belt using the blowback rather than using the trigger (It shouldn't be too difficult, the back and forward motion of the slide is not too different to the back and forward motion of a trigger pull).

I am hoping we finally get a decent true semi-auto pellet shooting replica, I suspect we will get another gun that looks great on paper but is pretty naff to shoot.
    Yeah basically they are going to be yet another disappointing blowback pellet shooter like the PX4 i think, which is a big shame..
    Not a true semi-auto, pellets indexing by the trigger, non adjustable sights and the slide not locking back on the last lot, basically a re-faced PX4 then.
    Is a shame as i really like Sigs..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

As I understand it they will both have the same type of double ended mag as the PX4/Gamo 85/CZ P-09- it is the carbines that will have the belt feed setup. It should be viable to fit an aftermarket over-rail to the lower weaver for a red dot (this worked with the P-09), and the 226 is pre-threaded for a mod, presumably 1/2" UNF

Unlikely to be any better than the CZ, which is really pretty good with a dot on, so would have to be a lot better for me to shell out for one. No ejector cut out on these, but then again while aesthetically pleasing they perform no function and could actually allow the ingress of assorted bits of crud into the mechanism.

I'm still hoping the carbines will make it over here in a UK legal format (i.e. SA only) the feed mechanism looks a clever bit of work

I notice that a few places are starting to list these and more information seems to be coming out.

As predicted by short carabine, the pistols look to be similar to the PX4\ASG pellet shooting autos with a double ended magazine.

The Carbines are apparently double action. As these are CO2 guns likely to be about 1/4 power (I certainly cannot see them having any kind of target or hunting application) I cannot help but think they would have worked a lot better as a smoothbore blowback so they work as a trainer for the real rifles and still be effective as action shooters.

Yes I have seen too- disappointed.
    I think I am going to get a non blowback- probably umarex beretta 92 or colt.
    Shame, could have been an excellent opportunity for a decent semi auto.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    I'd wait and see, you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see them in the flesh, especially the rifles - They're a load of fun.

We'll never have any true semi auto airguns in the uk, so if this kind of thing is your bag embrace it or get a shotgun/22LR if you want an auto.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    I'd wait and see, you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see them in the flesh, especially the rifles - They're a load of fun.

We'll never have any true semi auto airguns in the uk, so if this kind of thing is your bag embrace it or get a shotgun/22LR if you want an auto.
    We already have many true semi auto airguns in the UK.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but double action has no place in a rifle, especially not when dressed up as an auto.

Have you handled\shot one yet ?? I hope I am wrong, but right now they just look like expensive toy guns.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    We already have many true semi auto airguns in the UK.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but double action has no place in a rifle, especially not when dressed up as an auto.

Have you handled\shot one yet ?? I hope I am wrong, but right now they just look like expensive toy guns.
    Yes, I've had the samples sat on my workbench for over a month - I'm the chap in the Highland Outdoors video. They are superb fun guns, the same as any other CO2 replica is.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Yes, I've had the samples sat on my workbench for over a month - I'm the chap in the Highland Outdoors video. They are superb fun guns, the same as any other CO2 replica is.
    Just watched the video, good to see some details (also, your pellet loading skills are mad). With the rifles what is the significance of using the charging handle if they are double action ? Can they be fired SA as well ??

I am glad to hear a nice healthy metallic sound when the rifle was charged though. What sort of power\accuracy\shot count are you seeing ??

For me I think the pistols are a bit rubbish and disappointing if I'm honest, they are just Px4 storms with a sig body, the plastic rotor mags and trigger indexing is a big let down.. I do quite like the look of the rifles though so I will save my judgement on those until I shoot one..
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    I'm looking forward to these, I really hope they are as good as they look.
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    For me I think the pistols are a bit rubbish and disappointing if I'm honest, they are just Px4 storms with a sig body, the plastic rotor mags and trigger indexing is a big let down.. I do quite like the look of the rifles though so I will save my judgement on those until I shoot one..
    ATB, Marc..
    Have you tried one? I'm guessing not. I heard the same thing about the ASG CZ P09...along with a lot of codswallop from people who had never actually tried one out. Guess what? The trigger was way better than a PX4, gun more positive and accurate with a smooth slide action, plus you could fit and modify a moddy on it for quieter shooting. The 226 is all metal as I understand it, the piercing arrangement very positive (and new) and it has a 1/2" UNF thread built in. I wouldn't write these off without a personal tryout TBH.