Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P226 & P250 pellet pistols

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Have you tried one? I'm guessing not. I heard the same thing about the ASG CZ P09...along with a lot of codswallop from people who had never actually tried one out. Guess what? The trigger was way better than a PX4, gun more positive and accurate with a smooth slide action, plus you could fit and modify a moddy on it for quieter shooting. The 226 is all metal as I understand it, the piercing arrangement very positive (and new) and it has a 1/2" UNF thread built in. I wouldn't write these off without a personal tryout TBH.
    No I have not tried the pellet sig 226, have you? But I will try one soon as it goes to my local gun Shop.. I have shoot the P09 though and that is reasonable but once again not my cup of tea, I still believe the only good thing about the pellet sig 226 is the fact that it's a sig lol, and uses pellets, yeah the threaded barrel tip could be OK, not something I have to worry about though shooting at gun club, but will be handy for home and back garden use though.. My issue is also the price tag of this pistol, I do not think it's worth the £160 - £180 that most places will be selling them for, just like the PX4.. Don't get me wrong though I am not one to totally right off a gun until I have shot one but have shot nearly every airgun I kind of know what to expect with the sig..

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    My issue is also the price tag of this pistol, I do not think it's worth the £160 - £180 that most places will be selling them for, just like the PX4.. Don't get me wrong though I am not one to totally right off a gun until I have shot one but have shot nearly every airgun I kind of know what to expect with the sig..

ATB Marc
    Marc rrp is circa £120, I have seen a few dealers advertising at around this price. Name and shame the dealer trying to sell for £160-180 !

J

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoolio View Post
    Marc rrp is circa £120, I have seen a few dealers advertising at around this price. Name and shame the dealer trying to sell for £160-180 !

J
    Hi J, I was told solware would be selling them for £160+, I have just looked on their site and they are not listing them at, was £160 now £120, so be interesting to see the price they stick at, for £120 though I'm more sold its a reasonabley priced pellet plinker
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    No I have not tried the pellet sig 226, have you? But I will try one soon as it goes to my local gun Shop.. I have shoot the P09 though and that is reasonable but once again not my cup of tea, I still believe the only good thing about the pellet sig 226 is the fact that it's a sig lol, and uses pellets, yeah the threaded barrel tip could be OK, not something I have to worry about though shooting at gun club, but will be handy for home and back garden use though.. My issue is also the price tag of this pistol, I do not think it's worth the £160 - £180 that most places will be selling them for, just like the PX4.. Don't get me wrong though I am not one to totally right off a gun until I have shot one but have shot nearly every airgun I kind of know what to expect with the sig..

ATB Marc
    Not tried one as yet. As it is generally similar to the P09 as far as I can make out, it is low down on my "wants" list. As mentioned above, the RRP is around £120, so well priced I'd say. If anyone tries selling them at £160-180 they won't shift many

Lol yeah that's what I was thinking mate more then £120 they will have trouble, bit like the PX4 storm being such a low seller.. Well soon as my local gun Shop gets them in I'll test fire one and report back, if my local is selling then for £120 I should be able to buy one for around £100 but I'll test fire one out and have a long think first as I'm not sure if would have a place in my collection for long..
    Happy shooting

Wink So has anyone got one yet????

So they've been advertised on loads and loads of websites as for sale. In fact most websites are saying first batch sold out!

Who's got one?

What's the verdict?

J

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoolio View Post
    So they've been advertised on loads and loads of websites as for sale. In fact most websites are saying first batch sold out!

Who's got one?

What's the verdict?

J
    BAR put up a new video showing a pre production model today and it says they are a few weeks off yet, with the rifles at the end of the year or early next.

The pistol does look OK but why did they include blowback but not have an opening ejection port. It will annoy the hell out of me that so I won't be buying a pistol. I might buy one of the rifles but honestly I am not expecting much from them.

SIG could have made these excellent, they just look a bit cheap and don't seem to offer anything new.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thumbs up I got one! A P226

Well, it seems they have just been delivered to dealers around the uk.

My local dealer put out a you tube video yesterday.
    So I went and bought one.

They come in a clear plastic blister pack- a bit disappointing would have been nice to have a case.

Build quality is really good all metal and good weight/ balance, white dots on the sights. Feels solid no flimsy bits that will fall off after a bit of use.

Shooting it is really satisfying you can feel the blowback although not as heavy as a real one still good. Pistol was grouping to about a 10pence piece at 6yds with double hand hold.

The only negative I have is that point of impact was about 4" low at 6yds with no sight adjustment I was having to aim at the top of the pistol target (Bisley pistol target) above the black.
    Using 7gn RWS R10 pistol pellets.

I would imagine at 10m it will be even lower POI.

Apart from that a great little pistol. Well worth £125.
    Last edited by Jehoolio; 11-12-2015 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added pellet weight

Hi mate glad you like the pistol.

4'' lower then the POA at 6 yards is really bad though, i could not be happy with that and would take it back, you could try some extra light weight pellets though if you did not want to return it, but it will only make a very small amount of difference..
    ATB, Marc..

I bought one yesterday and I am happy with it. Solid feeling. The trigger is quite good, it takes very little effort to rotate the magazine and the trigger is quite light after that. I tried a CZ09 in the shop and the trigger on the sig is much better. Mine shoots a little low but if you have the foresight slightly higher than the rear sight it will shoot where you want it. Best bet is to file a little off the top of the foresight.
    The thread on the barrel is not 1/2" UNF. I am not sure what it is but it is a bit smaller than 1/2"
    Last edited by Bjacobs571; 14-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I bought one yesterday and I am happy with it. Solid feeling. The trigger is quite good, it takes very little effort to rotate the magazine and the trigger is quite light after that. I tried a CZ09 in the shop and the trigger on the sig is much better. Mine shoots a little low but if you have the foresight slightly higher than the rear sight it will shoot where you want it. Best bet is to file a little off the top of the foresight.
    The thread on the barrel is not 1/2" UNF. I am not sure what it is but it is a bit smaller than 1/2"
    Did think of adjusting the foresight size, just makes a mess of the white dot sighting system.
    Tried at 10m yesterday couldn't get it grouping. Aprrox 12 to 18" drop at that distance. Aiming off not really an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    That's disappointing Possibly the same as the CZP-09 then- the only option for a silencer with that was to get one of the ones for the BB/Airsoft P07 and pack it out properly (Easily done as both ends unscrew). IIRC it was around 12mm thread.

Don't Judge a Gun by it's Picture?

Ordered one today here in Canada $159 our 'Looney's' at an all time low!
    Keeping My fingers crossed, I get a Good one!
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

I've got one. It feels great in the hand, it's heavy and feels a real step up from a tanfoglio witness. It's not very powerful though... Maybe it will be better in the summer.

Thumbs down

Great build quality
    Grossly underpowered, not even fun at 10metres aiming 18" high!
    Sorry Sig had great hopes.
    Steyr LP10, AA S200 .177,
    Remmy Express .177, Sig Sauer P226- .177
    Crosman Rabbitstopper- .22, Chinese XS36-1- .22