Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P226 & P250 pellet pistols

I was going to get one.

I handled it in the shop and thought it was awful. Very cheap looking, rough to cycle, sounds like your shaking a can of change when you shoot it.

I bought something else instead.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I was going to get one.

I handled it in the shop and thought it was awful. Very cheap looking, rough to cycle, sounds like your shaking a can of change when you shoot it.

I totally agree mate, I really don't see how quite a few people think they are good and good quality, each to there own and if the owner is happy with it that's all that matters, but I think these pistols are awful for quite a few reasons..

What gun did you buy instead?

About a week ago I bought the umarex Walther lever action. I'm loving it..

ATB Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I don't think that mag system does these pistols any favours.
    The PX 4 was rubbish too.

Can the 226 be stripped down like most of the BB CO2 pistols? You know,swiss arms,fantaglio,kwc etc 1911,s

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I don't think that mag system does these pistols any favours.
    The PX 4 was rubbish too.
    Your right mate.. I suppose at least the sig is cheaper.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by gazzalene View Post
    Can the 226 be stripped down like most of the BB CO2 pistols? You know,swiss arms,fantaglio,kwc etc 1911,s
    Hi gaz, nope it can't be field stripped mate, these guns lack realism for a lot of reasons, you can take them apart though, by removing the sights then taking the gun to bits..
    Next time I go to my local gun Shop I might see if they will let me take one home to do a review on, I've held and shot both though so it will not be a review saying they are good though lol
    ATB Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    I totally agree mate, I really don't see how quite a few people think they are good and good quality, each to there own and if the owner is happy with it that's all that matters, but I think these pistols are awful for quite a few reasons..

What gun did you buy instead?

About a week ago I bought the umarex Walther lever action. I'm loving it..

ATB Marc..
    Good work on the Lever action, I have a old carbine version running off 2 12g CO2s, one of my favourite guns, unbeleivably accurate for what it is.

I bought a Dan Wesson 715, not had a chance to shoot it much yet but it is quite a heavy weight, has a very nice (though strange looking) grip and looks great.

Wasn't able to get the rail for it but will pick one up when I can and put a red dot and laser on it.

Yeah I'm loving the walther lever action mate, I get just as much fun using it as I do the RS lever action rifles, I picked up the new 88g version in the steel finish, although I have not tested it yet at long range short range 6 yards it gets nearly single pellet hole groupings, I did mainly get it for 22ft plinking through but I will test it at 25 yards in the cartridge firearms range when my other pellets come..

Cool the new 715 Dam Wessons for feel and look nice, your right the hogue grip does look weird but feel nice to hold, fingers crossed you have good luck with the 715 mate, 5 members on UBC have had there's all fail, either the hammer mechanism has broke or the valve pin snaps, let us know how well yours lasts..
    ATB Marc

My 715s are ok so far.
    I don't use safety catches on my pistols but it occurs to me that if you tried to fire this pistol with it on it would damage the trigger.
    The catch is small and in a daft place - easy to forget.
    The valve break is odd but it was in Finland? Bit cold for alloy there?

hi mate glad your 715's are ok, hopefully will stay that way too.
    went to my local gun shop today, (lol start calling it my second home soon) asked them if they had any 715's come back yet, they said yes just 1 out of 13 so far, it had a broken trigger but howard also said what you did, hes pretty sure that the owner tried firing the gun with the safety on and forced it and broke the trigger mech..

We will have to keep a close eye on these, but as 'anything' in life, some will break and some will not.

happy shooting mate.

Took my pellet one to the range today and it impressed me!
    It was tin can accurate at 20 yards -standing single action - one handed.
    Not expecting that and it was a bit chilly.

Ok on little stuff at 6 yards shottie cartridges etc.

I rather like this handful of a gun.
    But to avoid aches and pains I cock it with my left hand and shoot it with my right.
    It weighs near 3 pounds!

Have you got the wrap around rail for it ??
    Last edited by blooregard; 10-01-2016 at 10:31 PM.

No
    Not my style!

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I was going to get one.

Good review Bloo
    Of the Sig I hasten to add.

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Well worth the money, but bare in mind they're a good price if you see what I mean
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?