Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading .22 LR

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    It's a very expensive way to get hold of a few bullets that you could shoot in a reloaded Hornet cartridge. Cost-effective? Nossir. Personally, I can't imagine why anybody would want to shoot reduced load Hornet rounds. At what?

tac
    I've been trying to sort a reduced hornet load for a while, for the simple reason that it means i can use the 1 rifle on a permission that at one end allows 200 yard shots into perfect backstops but at the other is noise sensitive. If I can sort the reduced load then I can take the one rifle rather than the 0.22 and the hornet if I want to do the whole permission in one visit.

Trail boss and a 45 gr bullet is showing promise but I had split cases, which shouldn't be happening with trail boss!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    I've been trying to sort a reduced hornet load for a while, for the simple reason that it means i can use the 1 rifle on a permission that at one end allows 200 yard shots into perfect backstops but at the other is noise sensitive. If I can sort the reduced load then I can take the one rifle rather than the 0.22 and the hornet if I want to do the whole permission in one visit.

Trail boss and a 45 gr bullet is showing promise but I had split cases, which shouldn't be happening with trail boss!
    Thank you for the explication. I continually forget that this place is only the size of a reasonably-sized lake on the Canuckian/US border.......

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Thank you for the explication. I continually forget that this place is only the size of a reasonably-sized lake on the Canuckian/US border.......

tac
    Yeah, we don't get the benefit of the wide open spaces of the states and Australia, but at least we get moderators
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Yeah, we don't get the benefit of the wide open spaces of the states and Australia, but at least we get moderators
    True thing. On a $200 license in the USA but prohibited in Canada, where we can have 37mm anti-tank guns and fun stuff like that. Did I mention cannons? And semi-auto centrefires...

And [most] handguns, too.

Class 3 in the USA = fully automatic firearms up to and including quad fifties. You only have to be rich enough to

a. Buy one in the fust place, and

b. Feed 'em.

As they say - autres payes, autre facons...

tac