Thread: Original Model 50 dating help.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    With a degree of confidence I will say that that plastic one was not even the original. It should be pressed metal. My '67 Mod 35 has a pressed metal trigger. I must check but I don't think any of my 50s have that plastic trigger. Certainly not of that period.
    It seems strange that the plastic blade is a professional job that was made in moulds, It has the same two adjustment screws that the normal ones have too!! (Deffo not home made as there are collapsable mould lines on it )

HERE's another pic of the whole of the disassembled trigger unit

It seems original to the gun to me as it fitted perfectly and worked even though the pivot hole was snapped through! I had tried glueing the broken parts together in this pic but the glue didn't hold

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

If you do a bit of googling, there are several pictures out there of ribbed triggers on Model 50's. Assuming that the ribbed ones are the plastic ones.

I think the plastic trigger is not original to the gun. I believe it may have been correct for a short period after the ribbed aluminium one on the older guns. May even have come off a mod.35. It certainly is not home made. My guns from that period all have stamped metal triggers. But who knows. If any further info comes up, any more guns from the late '60s with ribbed plastic triggers...
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS