Thread: I'm really starting to think that these 21/22mm bores with their longer strokes...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    surely reducing stroke would increase slam and reduce power [enable more spring] so could you not simply shorten stroke a mm at a time untill you hit the sweet-spot
    Can't shorten the stroke, need it to make the power...

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think there's an easy answer here (except maybe the weaker, longer spring with more preload - but even that's hard to find)

** edit just run the numbers with weaker spring, more preload - only reduces the piston bounce at exit my 0.5mm, but it's a start...
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 22-08-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

what i meant was, shortening the stroke would enable the use of a meatyer spring........which would make more power, then drop the stroke untill its at a nice fast 11 - 11.5 ?
    less stroke should equate to less bounce-travel too. win win ?
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    what i meant was, shortening the stroke would enable the use of a meatyer spring........which would make more power
    Nope, it won't - the stroke they are at is the minimum to make the power, with any spring, such that adding preload / meatier spring reduces power, not increases it. They are right on the limit (in terms of spring power for the given stroke)..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.