Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
i love all the new ideas and experiments. and untill i get to try them for myself i cant conclude anything obviously..
but i will say that my home-brew tx [25mm still] is the easyest of all springers ive ever tried to be accurate with.
i cant enphasise enough just how rubish MY shooting technique is, i mean seriously, i cant shoot for shizzle unless rested, and even then i catch myself doing a bad-hold, not balancing the rifle, changing hand position, pulling into my shoulder, forgetting follow-through, you name it, i forget it
but......
this tx is so forgiving that the only time i miss any of my targets is if its windy/gusty ..... and me not guestimating windage correctly
point being, maybe being too efficient is ultimately going to show-up minute differences more...... for example pellet fit....... if you are operating to the very n-th degree of efficiency, then a sudden tight pellet will massivly effect pellet-release-time a lot lot more than an "alround tune" so to speak ?
or a change in temperature even ?
i dunno, im liking the idea of experimenting further with the tx, but im so loathed to mess-up what works so well
I feel the same way about my Prosport and my HW/XS20 hybrid, neither of them have been fettled to a high standard and basically both have got drop in kits (actually the XS20 has a matching " found in the parts box" spring that fitted the guide well) but they shoot really well, the PS is so quick, I'm sure if someone else shot them, they would think differently but to me they seem to shoot just right and I shoot them well as they are, I'm very tempted to get the XS20 properly tuned but I'm a little reluctant at the moment because the way it is.

Pete