Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
At the very first Boinger Bash, Wonky Donky brought along a short stroke '80. I seem to recall that the stroke was 55mm and I also seem to think it had a lightened piston; don't think it was running piston bearings.

It shot beautifully!

Barely distinguishable from a 25mm sleeved one.. ----- Obviously just going on perceived feel here, it would need a rig such as discussed above to measure for sure.

So, assuming for a second that it yielded similar results, the short stroke and standard bore would entail far less work.

But we love it when these shed tuner techies play around!
You may have shot my 50mm HW80 at the June bash Tony? It's running a rear bearing and a 30mm double o-ring piston nose - Bigtoe ran it up as a test/project then swapped it out with me for a std one. It's running a little Titan number 5 with low preload.

It's now rebarreled at 11 Inches in .22 rather than the original full length .22 and it balances lovely and I think the cycle is good.

I have not messed with the piston weight yet allthouth the rear skirt was obviously removed for the full length inner sleeve with integral rear bearing.

Matty