Thread: Day state sportsman valuation

Day state sportsman valuation

Hi folks. Can someone tell me the value of the daystate sportsman . It's a pump up. Cheers.sorry folks,my mistake,,,,its the mrk2.......hmmmmmmm dhoooooo
    Last edited by j rayner; 23-08-2015 at 05:23 PM.

sportsman

hi is it a mk1 or mk2?

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    hi is it a mk1 or mk2?
    Mrk 2
    Last edited by j rayner; 23-08-2015 at 05:23 PM.

mk1

I would think if its mint about £500 a well used one around £350 ball park

Cheers.

I would think if its mint about £500 a well used one around £350 ball park
    Thanks for that. It's in good condition.

mk1

I might be way out on them prices but I think they are fair any pics

Hmm

I might be way out on them prices but I think they are fair any pics
    I'm not sure how to put pics onto the forum. I will ask my lads if they can sort it for me

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I paid about £220 for mine 12 years ago, and sold it for around £250 a few years later.

Quite nice guns
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Gentlemen I have tried to impress this on you nicely and it doesn't seem to have sunk in :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....luation-thread

So now Mr partner is on a one week ban for offering to buy off the back of a valuation thread.

All the best Mick

Ooops

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Gentlemen I have tried to impress this on you nicely and it doesn't seem to have sunk in :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....luation-thread

So now Mr partner is on a one week ban for offering to buy off the back of a valuation

All the best Mick
    Sorry about this. I guess it's easy to forget the forum rules. I think Mr partner will have done this unintentionaly.

Daystate Sportsman Mk11

The Mk11 is a 2 stroke whilst the much much earlier Mk1 was a multi pumper made allegedly ( sorry I had to start collecting somewhere and don't stretch that far back ) for a Rentokil contract . Seem to remember the Mk1 was a brass chambered affair .
    Anyway back to the Mk11 - I believe that they shared the same bodies and components as one of that companies same period Pcp's ( - like Titan and their Manitou pcp Vs Mohawk pumper ) but a totally self contained unit . The power could be either or - on first pump a lower power shot - Bell Target or barn ratting or , and then with a second stroke fuller power . As accurate as any Pcp and like other pneumatics deadly accurate . Vlues were always high for these - they were still fresh in people minds as a premium branded item back say 12 years ago , and now today the same is true within collecting circles ...although they can still be used to the full esp by those who grew up using springers .

I was given a 'broken' MK2 as a present some time ago and resealed it. It was not a difficult job and needed no 'odd' rings. One pump gives about 6 ft lbs and is quite easy. Two pumps gives about 11 and is much harder. I intended to try an HFT shoot with it but after extensive plinking I decided that 30 targets in fairly quick succession would be a lot of effort. I can see, however, that as a self contained hunter it would be excellent. Accuracy was spot on.
    I was informed by Daystate that they made no money from the Sportsman, hence it was dropped from the range (no pun intended).
    I did keep a record of my reseal (no photos) but thought it too recent a rifle to include in the Idiots Guide sticky. If anyone would like a copy, just PM me with your e mail and I will send a copy. It may help.
    Cheers, Phil

So

Now that I have put the correct model of gun can someone give me a clue as to its worth. Daystate sportsman Mr 2. Cheers