Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pcp puzzler

Pcp puzzler

Hi All

Im looking for a pcp that when scoped is heavy, and front heavy!
    Iv just sold my custom R10 as it was too light on aim.Iv been shooting my TX200HC and Prosport since.
    The Pro has the weight but not at the front,where as the TX balances just right to the point i shot better with it than the R10.

Iv tried a full length HW100 and that felt centrally balanced,The air wolf felt front heavy but when checking with a friend he found the balance goes central after scoping.

Im looking for a TX200 PCP..lol

It must be capable of single shots for HFT and weigh 8.5-9.0lbs And be front heavy!

Any suggestions

Not helping other than eliminating another gun from your list, just tried my FTP which is certainly heavy but also centrally balanced.

Find the rifle you like and if needs be add weight to the fore-end to get the balance you want.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbaker42 View Post
    Not helping other than eliminating another gun from your list, just tried my FTP which is certainly heavy but also centrally balanced.

Thanks thats another off my list lol

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Find the rifle you like and if needs be add weight to the fore-end to get the balance you want.
    I tried that with the R10 by adding lead to the bottle.I gave up as it would have needed a daft amount to bring the balance forward.

Probably something with a rail would help as you could attach different weights and also slide them fore and aft to experiment with the right feel/balance. That's what i did with my Steyr and then realised i was going the wrong way about it and actually added weight to the butt section. It helped with the stability in standing shots.

I also have quite a few of the stick on wheel weights that can be added and removed once you know where you need the weight and because the wheel weights are marked you know exactly how much.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Sounds exactly like my FAC rapid

You want to try a rapid with either;

1/. a 19"+ barrel
    or
    2/. a 16" barrel but 500/600cc bottle rather than the usual 400cc.

You could also try fitting a heavier metal mod (like a vortex) or adding some weight to the mod, a lot less weight will be needed at the end of a long barrel due to the torque effect.

Air Ranger wiv 500cc bottle fitted to it?
    FX Bobcat MK2 .22 FAC. ATN X-Sight LTV.
    FX Impact X .177 Saim SCP19.
    FX Dreamline Compact Lite. .177 Hawke Sidewinder 4x16 FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnard2 View Post
    Air Ranger wiv 500cc bottle fitted to it?
    I tried a Wolverine with a 500cc and that was neutral balance .I iv tried a Air ranger with a 400cc and that was neutral too

How about an AA MPR. It has a rail and you can also do as I did and add lead strips inside the forend of the stock.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...psbe0f705c.jpg

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    As per Angrybear above.

My Theoben TTR1 is front balanced very slightly and has a 14 inch barrel, 280cc bottle, single shot or mag and a falcon 10x42 scope

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Full length hw100 with hair curlers in mod replaced with rolled up lead sheet should do the trick.

What size scope do you use? If it is a whopper it will bring the balance butwards!
    Last edited by averageplinker; 26-08-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: correcting auto correct
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Shrouded, full length pro target was quite front heavy, and quite heavy.. hence many folks removed the shroud and switched to carbine cylinder. I loved mine, a design way ahead of it time... floating protected barrel, floating cylinder, no trans port in the bore...

As stated above the rapid range, with their thick ~16mm barrels, are easy to add either heavy silencers or longer barrels to..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I forgot about a Pro Target...
    Ideally i was looking for a new rifle,iv had a offer of a Daystate 2000.Im not familier with one but im assured its front heavy.Il have a google.

Quote Originally Posted by DESERT FOX View Post
    I forgot about a Pro Target...
    Ideally i was looking for a new rifle,iv had a offer of a Daystate 2000.Im not familier with one but im assured its front heavy.Il have a google.
    Very old rifle...i had one about 15 years ago as a Bullpup. Very dated now and would probably be quite difficult to get serviced?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us