Thread: Walther RM8 problem.

Walther RM8 problem.

Hi .
    I recently bought a walther rm8 in .22 for a young shooter and we have both been generally very pleased with it. Over the weekend having been filled to 190 bar 3 times since he received it the rifle suddenly started losing air after a fill . it sounds like it is coming directly from the fill port . The leak seems to slow up at 150 bar but carries on until empty .
    My question is to anybody with experience fettling these rifles and I would like to know what the problem could be , what , if anything in particular , caused it so I might avoid it in future and if it is a easy fix or a job for a gunsmith . my brother is fine with replacing o rings etc but might struggle with more serious issues. I am a absolute non starter with any kind of work like this . Any help / ideas would be much appreciated . atb Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by longsider View Post
    Hi .
    I recently bought a walther rm8 in .22 for a young shooter and we have both been generally very pleased with it. Over the weekend having been filled to 190 bar 3 times since he received it the rifle suddenly started losing air after a fill . it sounds like it is coming directly from the fill port . The leak seems to slow up at 150 bar but carries on until empty .
    My question is to anybody with experience fettling these rifles and I would like to know what the problem could be , what , if anything in particular , caused it so I might avoid it in future and if it is a easy fix or a job for a gunsmith . my brother is fine with replacing o rings etc but might struggle with more serious issues. I am a absolute non starter with any kind of work like this . Any help / ideas would be much appreciated . atb Ricky
    Back to shop and don't do any DIY
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Was the gun bought new or used?,there was a small piece in Airgun World a while back.
    The distributors warning owners not to attempt to remove the bottle as they risk destroying the seal.

Hi.
    The rifle was bought secondhand from the sales section here and I believe the seller would have mentioned any defects so no problems there . also I filled it a couple of times with no issues . I filled it outdoors so possibly it a piece of clay or soil in there . I've been told I might blow it out but if not I will get it into a shop and put it down to experience . thanks for your help guys .

secretagentmole Guest
    For god's sake use a reasonable gunsmith, Aaron Wheeler, Redbeck.....