Thread: Pay pal and air guns.

Pay pal and air guns.

Just visited Pyramyd Air web site(if paypal does not allow payments for air guns),go to checkout and payments can be made with paypal,confused!!!!!Can anyone explain please.

What else can you buy at Pyramyd Air?

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Just visited Pyramyd Air web site(if paypal does not allow payments for air guns),go to checkout and payments can be made with paypal,confused!!!!!Can anyone explain please.
    Can you not also purchase pellets and other things which are not air guns?

It's nuts..!
    I used PayPal when I bought my HW97k from Holland a few months ago.
    Be interesting to see what PayPal would do if anything happened to the gun enroute, and a claim was made.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    you can buy guns via paypal, but there is a non weapons cover policy,so if it goes
    missing or gets broken,or the seller does not post it,you will not be able to get
    your money through paypal.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    As far as I am aware you have no protection whatsoever even if you pay the fees if Paypal is used to purchase any air rifle or pistol.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Yes,

it's up to you to choose the payment method for the item you are buying

If buying a gun use another method.

Well, in the UK, using PP for buying or selling "ammunition, firearms" is Prohibited. And you agree to that BS in the 'user agreement'.

"In order to comply with regulatory requirements. There are restrictions on what a PayPal account can be used to process payments for and if the account is not in compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy, it may be limited. For example, making or receiving payments for banned items such as guns would be considered a breach of the Acceptable Use Policy.".

Sources: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/limitations and https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_GB

I don't know if the USA PP policy is different, or where that leaves you with buying a gun from the US with a UK account... I do believe if your account becomes 'limited', that usually means 'frozen'.

Other sauces are also available.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Well, in the UK, using PP for buying or selling "ammunition, firearms" is Prohibited. And you agree to that BS in the 'user agreement'.

"In order to comply with regulatory requirements. There are restrictions on what a PayPal account can be used to process payments for and if the account is not in compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy, it may be limited. For example, making or receiving payments for banned items such as guns would be considered a breach of the Acceptable Use Policy.".

Sources: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/limitations and https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_GB

I don't know if the USA PP policy is different, or where that leaves you with buying a gun from the US with a UK account... I do believe if your account becomes 'limited', that usually means 'frozen'.

Other sauces are also available.
    Er no! We used Pyramid to get a birthday present for my nephew who now resides in Jupiter,Florida (a Hatsan 95 .25 btw). Used Paypal to pay and no problem, no freezing, one happy nephew and no frozen account!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Er no! We used Pyramid to get a birthday present for my nephew who now resides in Jupiter,Florida (a Hatsan 95 .25 btw). Used Paypal to pay and no problem, no freezing, one happy nephew and no frozen account!
    Are you doubting my research Mike?

I'm not saying anybody's account would be automatically 'limited' if they bought or sold a gun using PP, just that it is clearly 'prohibited' and/or 'banned' (their words) in their (UK) rules.

The PayPal USA site is pretty much the same as ours, & also bans guns & ammo under it's acceptable use policy.

Whether or not it would cause a problem if you used it to buy an airgun is only if they find out, which is unlikely because they don't routinely monitor transactions - unless one of the parties raises an issue, like trying to get the money back for non delivery etc. in which case it's good night Vienna.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Are you doubting my research Mike?

I'm not saying anybody's account would be automatically 'limited' if they bought or sold a gun using PP, just that it is clearly 'prohibited' and/or 'banned' (their words) in their (UK) rules.
    Not doubting your research or the wording of the paypal contract but we used it no problem. Be interesting to see how they would get on in America if someone's Paypal account got frozen after they used it to buy a gun, legally, from one of the companies with a Paypal account.