Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20

Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20

Is there an alternative ultra-compact sub £100 scope alternative to the Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20?

I have one of these and they really are quite special but given limited availability I'm a bit sketchy about them as they are so hard to come by. I understand a few have had experience with the Simmons 8 point scope on JSR but I have heard that although the quality is good, it isn't up there with the WTC; the reticle is a bit thick and they're not as compact. Could anyone with experience of both scopes draw some comparison between the two?

Thumbs up leapers

I bought a leapers 2-7x32 from jsr great scope for £33 and a bit all in

Parrallaxed for airgun ranges and suitable for upto 5" of eye relief...oh and free pop up covers not b&c but doable
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by oling View Post
    I understand a few have had experience with the Simmons 8 point scope on JSR but I have heard that although the quality is good, it isn't up there with the WTC; the reticle is a bit thick and they're not as compact.
    You've said it yourself, but the 8-Point is still an excellent scope, punching well above it's price - I currently use two of them...

Is there an alternative ultra-compact sub £100 scope alternative to the Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20?

I have one of these and they really are quite special but given limited availability I'm a bit sketchy about them as they are so hard to come by. I understand a few have had experience with the Simmons 8 point scope on JSR but I have heard that although the quality is good, it isn't up there with the WTC; the reticle is a bit thick and they're not as compact. Could anyone with experience of both scopes draw some comparison between the two?
    I too have the Leapers 2~7 X32 that RabbitWrecker mentioned and I am very impressed with it at the asking price. I also bought a Hawke Sports HD 4X 40 fixed parallax with 30X30 reticule and boy is this thing sharp and clear, it was an impulse buy at £29.00.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I too have the Leapers 2~7 X32 that RabbitWrecker mentioned and I am very impressed with it at the asking price. I also bought a Hawke Sports HD 4X 40 fixed parallax with 30X30 reticule and boy is this thing sharp and clear, it was an impulse buy at £29.00.

A.G
    I was talking about the Simmons 8-Point - I've not tried the Leapers.

Ahh interesting guys. I've actually never looked at a Simmons 8 point but I'd be very interested to compare and contrast it with the WTC. The Leapers 2-7x32 is definitely one to also have a look at for sure. Anything more in the £70/£80 range near to the WTC (assuming that'll get you better quality glass)?

Anything more in the £70/£80 range near to the WTC (assuming that'll get you better quality glass)?
    The Nikko Stirling Diamond 1-4x24 is nice - up there with the WTC - but costs around £100 and has a 30mm tube.....

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    I was talking about the Simmons 8-Point - I've not tried the Leapers.
    Sorry it was m mistake.

A.G

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    You've said it yourself, but the 8-Point is still an excellent scope, punching well above it's price - I currently use two of them...
    Agree with this, I have one and it's very nice, I've said it before and I'll stick by what I say, the Simmons WTC range has always been over priced, yes I totally agree with what people say about the lens and build quality but considering when they first hit our shores, the yanks where paying peanuts for them in the US (not sure how much they are now over there) AGS who imported them where charging way too much money (in fact I was told by someone who knew what went on behind the scenes, that if a WTC was sent back for repair they where just thrown in the bin and a new one sent back as there was so much mark up on them and it was cheaper than repairing them), I've had all three sizes of WTC in the past and found the Bushnell Trophy's to be on a par with quality and a hell of a lot cheaper, if I saw one for sale at a decent price then I'd buy another one, the Simmons 8 point is pretty compact and lightweight and for under £30 delivered to your door by the great Ramsbottoms you can't go wrong.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Well, based on this thread and the fact I need a new scope, I went onto JSR's website and ordered a new Leapers 2-7x32. I am planning to replace a Nikko Stirling mountmaster 6x40 ao which has the annoying trait of not holding zero during storage (I'm having to re-zero at the start of each session with the current air rifle).

The 8 point is an excellent scope but on low power you'll see a lot of barrel as well as a big landscape.
    Designer of BASC Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Well, based on this thread and the fact I need a new scope, I went onto JSR's website and ordered a new Leapers 2-7x32. I am planning to replace a Nikko Stirling mountmaster 6x40 ao which has the annoying trait of not holding zero during storage (I'm having to re-zero at the start of each session with the current air rifle).
    Please report back on this thread re your findings - would be greatly appreciated!

Please report back on this thread re your findings - would be greatly appreciated!
    Happy to.

simmons wtc v's 8 point

i've got both, have had both types for over 10 yrs & they both stand up to springer recoil well. The main difference is the little wtc are built a lot stronger & have well coated lenses. they'll give you another 10-20mins shooting time at dusk over the 8 point. I've got 3 wtc's & 1 8 point. Two of the wtcs have been abused in the past & still work fine,I doubt the 8 point would stand any abuse like the wtc's.

Interesting - will probably just get another WTC if and when another becomes available as I think they're brilliant and its low lighting capabilities are excellent I found. I used to subscribe to this whole illuminated reticle for low light but I have found that it is a little bit of a gimmick and better quality glass is far more important.