Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cocking the HW40?

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    If this is a reference to my advice. I said "muzzle pointing down" not to the side! I said "parallel to the chest" again meaning down. As Airgunnut rightly says, you can also, if necessary turn sideways so as to keep it "pointing in a safe direction" ATB. Pete. PS. If not a reference to my post, please ignore this. lol.
    No worries, Pete, I wasn't referring to your method. I can see that you meant to point the gun down and that gives better leverage. Your method seems like a good one to follow if there isn't a table to press the butt down on. Airgunnut is right to say turning sideways is also a good way to keep the muzzle pointing downrange when cocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    No worries, Pete, I wasn't referring to your method. I can see that you meant to point the gun down and that gives better leverage. Your method seems like a good one to follow if there isn't a table to press the butt down on. Airgunnut is right to say turning sideways is also a good way to keep the muzzle pointing downrange when cocking.
    Thanks for that Powderfinger. We are all just trying to help each other out and I didn't want there to be any confusion over the way my post was interpreted. All clear now. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.