Thread: Moving to Scotland ... What to do about airguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moving to Scotland ... What to do about airguns

So, I've just accepted a job north of the border, and will likely have shifted the homestead up there by Christmas. What's the deal now with the licensing/registration/whatever of airguns up there?

Are the processes in place yet? Or are they coming in (and anyone know when)?

Alternatively, if I have to sell-up, do I sell as a job-lot, or try to move on half-a-dozen guns, and all the ancillaries (position of last resort :-/
    If I say something inaccurate, assume it's for comedy effect

http://basc.org.uk/basc-scotland/air...ked-questions/

Tells you what you need to know..
    Reading this i think that a lot more fire arms certs will be getting applied for, counter productive really should just be a registering process for air guns..

Gun licence looming, midges .... Stay here mate

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Gun licence looming, midges .... Stay here mate
    Argh! That high pitched whining goes right through you and sets your teeth on edge!

Then there's the midges...
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

For what it's worth, my view is that most people will not be able to meet the criteria to be issued with a license.

If I were you I would sell up before I go or have someone in England look after them for you until the position becomes clear.

It's going to depend very much on where you'll be living. If you'll have a large garden then pest control could be considered a good enough reason to own an air gun. How ever a small garden in a built up area may be difficult. In which case your best option is to join a club. When accepted as a full member you would have good reason to own an air gun. I believe you have free grace until April next year so you have plenty of time to get established.

Any one of sound mind with a genuine reason to own an air gun has nothing to fear.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

It's going to depend very much on where you'll be living. If you'll have a large garden then pest control could be considered a good enough reason to own an air gun. How ever a small garden in a built up area may be difficult. In which case your best option is to join a club. When accepted as a full member you would have good reason to own an air gun. I believe you have free grace until April next year so you have plenty of time to get established.

Any one of sound mind with a genuine reason to own an air gun has nothing to fear.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    http://basc.org.uk/basc-scotland/air...ked-questions/

Tells you what you need to know..
    Reading this i think that a lot more fire arms certs will be getting applied for, counter productive really should just be a registering process for air guns..
    Hrm... I don't want an FAC. I just want to be able to keep my guns and keep plugging the rats in the chicken run.

That seems to count as a reason to have air guns (why do they keep calling them weapons...) but what a palaver

So the upshot is I can take them with me when I move, but would have to get licensed tout suite (at around £100-ish).
    If I say something inaccurate, assume it's for comedy effect