Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this. . . .

New to this. . . .

Greetings,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Have been away from shooting for about twenty years but decided to get back into it. Things have come a long way since I last picked up a gun!

I was going to get my FAC but then I began to read up on modern Air Guns, have to say I had no idea how far Things had come. Don't think I'll bother with the FAC now. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself.

Bryan

Hi...

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungear View Post
    Greetings,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Have been away from shooting for about twenty years but decided to get back into it. Things have come a long way since I last picked up a gun!

I was going to get my FAC but then I began to read up on modern Air Guns, have to say I had no idea how far Things had come. Don't think I'll bother with the FAC now. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself.

Bryan
    Hi Gungear, I'm a newbie too, only been here a matter of weeks but I reckon you'll enjoy it. Very knowledge people and plenty of lovely Nutters too

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Welcome!

I agree completely with pcp's vs powder burners.

Modern pcp's are much less hassle and effort and same amount of fun!

I love the Smle but it would definitely go before the Regal or my new special toy.

G

Hi Bryan, welcome to the site mate.
    I do a few types of shooting, airgun, shotgun and other types of cartridge firearms, and i also get nearly as much fun using airguns as i do the cartridge firearms, although not so much with PCP rifles, they tend to shoot themselves, i do like some recoil..

Have a good look at some replica airguns, thats where i believe the most fun is.

Check out my youtube channel is you like mate..

All the best, marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Welcome Bryan,

I too am very new to the forum. I am having a second go with the air rifles after a break of nearly 35 years. I just posted about getting my old 1978 Original 35 back to life again but it was just a project of personal interest. I have got 3 PCPs, HW100KT .177, AA S400 .22 and Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .177. These rifles are in a different world to what I was used to and in particular the HW 100 KT would be a superb hunting rifle in the right hands. I am absolutely sure that with the right pellet it can drop a rabbit at 100 yards. For me I am afraid it is only shooting at targets in the open range.

Regards,

A.G

Exclamation Ooops...

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I am absolutely sure that with the right pellet it can drop a rabbit at 100 yards.
    That's probably not a good thing to say on here - I'd think very carefully about that.....

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    That's probably not a good thing to say on here - I'd think very carefully about that.....
    Shoot through a chrono at 100yds see if its up to it..

Thanks
    I have had a look across the forum and there does seem to be some bright sparks on here. I have a CP99 compact and a Swiss Arms p1911, (it's a blow-back thing, you wouldn't understand) I have also recently picked up an old BSA Springer. Not sure about the rifles, need to get a bit more knowledge before spending the kids inheritance on something better. Was thinking about the HW 100 but not sure about the lack of recoil, would I be missing a little of the soul of the thing? Never shot a pcp before but there's just something about that kick when I squeezed the trigger as a lad !

I am absolutely sure that with the right pellet it can drop a rabbit at 100 yards.

Hi Bryan, first of all welcome to the forum, as has already be said we do not encourage
    such statements as above on this forum, safe and HUMANE killing ranges,is when you can repeatedly
    hit a ten pence size target which is roughly the size of a rabbits brain, i would think this is very
    unlikely with a sub 12fpe airgun, with a rimfire ---.22lr or a .17hmr yes its very possible, i have
    fac air the most powerful being a daystate wolverine .303 fac at 100fpe ,even with this amount of power
    i do not shoot at 100 yds!!!!!!.
    so please apply common sense and enjoy ethical & safe airgun shooting.
    atb brian

Hi and welcome on board.
    Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Gungear View Post
    Thanks
    I have had a look across the forum and there does seem to be some bright sparks on here. I have a CP99 compact and a Swiss Arms p1911, (it's a blow-back thing, you wouldn't understand) I have also recently picked up an old BSA Springer. Not sure about the rifles, need to get a bit more knowledge before spending the kids inheritance on something better. Was thinking about the HW 100 but not sure about the lack of recoil, would I be missing a little of the soul of the thing? Never shot a pcp before but there's just something about that kick when I squeezed the trigger as a lad !
    Hi mate, cool sounds like your getting back into it nicely, Im with you on a blowback pistol, nothing feels as fun to shoot, unless its a real steel gun of course..

as you have the swiss arms 1911, you will find my channel helpful, it will show you how to maintain the pistol, how to fit real steel grips, how to take it apart, and fix some design faults..

this is my one of a kind colt custom 1911, fully polished and engraved, it started its life as a swiss arms 1911..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5dHPRzpPI

Happy shooting
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Hi

Welcome and enjoy.
    Air Arms S200 Rat Works Tuned with Hawke Airmax 6 - 24 x 50 Scope

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Hi mate, cool sounds like your getting back into it nicely, Im with you on a blowback pistol, nothing feels as fun to shoot, unless its a real steel gun of course..

as you have the swiss arms 1911, you will find my channel helpful, it will show you how to maintain the pistol, how to fit real steel grips, how to take it apart, and fix some design faults..

this is my one of a kind colt custom 1911, fully polished and engraved, it started its life as a swiss arms 1911..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5dHPRzpPI

Happy shooting
    ATB, Marc..
    Cheers Mate

Excellent channel, going to refer to you as "the Oracle" from now on!

That's a nice gun!

More like a piece of sculpture,

Hi Bryan.

Welcome aboard. I'm also still fairly new to the forum. I joined up after coming back to the sport after a 20yr hiatus.

I came back with a TX200 in .177. It's a very good rifle but, it did help me to realise that I'm a pcp man. One of my favourites is my HW100kt laminate in .177. It's fantastic for rabbits out to about 40yrds - You just have to tip toe the other 60yrds

There's a lot of good guys on here with a wealth of knowledge. Don't be afraid to ask.

Happy shooting.

All of the above.