Thread: JSB Pellets......Hmmmmm

JSB Pellets......Hmmmmm

JSB is a first consideration when it comes to looking for a pellet imho.

Never had a real issue....and pellet of choice has been exact express.

However I went to an HFT comp and couldnt hit a barn door.

I have now pretty much pinned it down to the pellets. 4.52 exacts were litterally all over the shop shotgun pattern.

Others at my club seem to be having issues so wondering if this is just a dodgy batch or a wider issue.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I have a HW100KTLA and have had no trouble with the 4.51 JSB and Milbro Jets. I always use a pellet sizer so maybe I've always been ironing out issues that way. Might be worth looking on here or the well known auction site for a sizer your self.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

I've been an AA Field man for years and decided to try some JSB Exacts (.22) 1st tin was ok, the second tin was diabolical. I would say that at least 35% were deformed. the skirt was much thinner on one side, so much so that just being in the tin had the thin rims folding over. I did take some pics but can't find them. Being a logical kind of chap and assuming this tin was some kind of glitch. I gave the benefit of the doubt and bought another tin which were nigh on perfect. Just another "One of those things" that seem to be more and more the norm in todays world.

Paul
    CZ 527 in 17 Hornet. Anchutz 1417 .22lr - Rapid Mk2 .22 fac @ 28ftlbs with BSA barrel
    HW100KT .22 @12ftlbs - RWS Scimitar .22 @ 12ftlbs - AA S200 .22 @ 12ftlbs
    Archer NV

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post

I have now pretty much pinned it down to the pellets. 4.52 exacts were litterally all over the shop shotgun pattern.

Others at my club seem to be having issues so wondering if this is just a dodgy batch or a wider issue.
    JSBs as a whole have been excellent in my HW 100 KT .177 and AA S400 .22 but since acquiring a Daystate Huntsman Regal I decided to give the Range Master Sovereign 8.44 gr a try and these are brilliant in both the Huntsman and HW 100 KT, not surprisingly they are made by JSB . Your problem may be batch related
    but really I find it most surprising.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post

have you changed to a different die and batch number ?

Exacts batchs can be pretty different one tin will be awesome in one gun but terrible in another and a different batch will ve vicer versa on which gun they work in.

I use air arms field

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Took delivery of 10 tins of exacts from Intershoot on Weds. Only used one tin so far but my HW100 is deadly accurate with them. They are 4.51's
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Had a few issue with jsb's earlier this year, but stuck with them after buying from countryway. Not sure if its die or simple quality control but since Ive been bying from them the pellets are defo better than from other dealers, weird I know but theres no sharp or dodgey skirts

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    have you changed to a different die and batch number ?
    I buy by the tin not sleeves. Never had any issue with them whatsoever 9ther than occassional transit damage.

It particular6 liked mozzies but they were re badged exact express.
    Since tried 4.51's and the group has tightened considerably so maybe a batch issue. but what an issue. If it wa over 15 or 20 yards I couldn't hit a 40mm knockover.
    Borrowed my partners Steyr and drop drop drop....went back to mine and silence silence dink......😕
    Good job I was only there for fun and not competing in a team.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill