Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: honeycomb lens cover

I use a sunshade as my best permission has a good shooting angle facing West in the evening and the sun can wash out the entire picture. I don't worry about the lens reflecting a little light, after all, it's only about the same size as an average beech leaf and that will give a bit of reflection.
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But It's The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese !!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I just meant that you stated sunshades were a waste of time then stated that they were only of use to people who don't want their positions to be revealed which negated the first part of your post because that's exactly what hunters need.
    I use the tunnel type sunshades to keep the sight picture clear when the sun is in front of my position.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist, it was just an observation.

Chris
    Hello chris. No knickers in any twist...just didnt understand your point.
    What I actually said was honeycombs are pretty useless for hunters. I didnt say shades were. two different things. I use shades on my scopes and a double on my HFT hunter rifle.
    Honeycombe has little worthwhile applicatio for anyone other than snipers who will probably feel that the trade off for a poorer image V's maintianing secrecy re their position is worthwhile. Even as a hunter I would go for a shade over honeycomb everytime.
    IMHO..honeycomb is goo if your a sniper or it comes in a gold foil wrapper with the words Crunchie in big friendy letters
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Sales blurb always sounds grand until you actually try most new gadgets out, cut up a pair of old tights & stretch that over the front lens instead.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Hello chris. No knickers in any twist...just didnt understand your point.
    What I actually said was honeycombs are pretty useless for hunters. I didnt say shades were. two different things. I use shades on my scopes and a double on my HFT hunter rifle.
    Honeycombe has little worthwhile applicatio for anyone other than snipers who will probably feel that the trade off for a poorer image V's maintianing secrecy re their position is worthwhile. Even as a hunter I would go for a shade over honeycomb everytime.
    IMHO..honeycomb is goo if your a sniper or it comes in a gold foil wrapper with the words Crunchie in big friendy letters
    My mistake then mate.
    Now I've got to go to the shop to buy a Crunchie to have with my coffee. Thanks a bunch! :-)

Chris

On a lighter note I even find that the standard cylindrical types do not do the job well. The problem is that even though they are blackened and grooved to scatter the light the paint chosen for blackening is highly reflective. I have two of these shades and I have lined them with a special felt type material that I use for " flocking" my astronomical telescopes that I use for deep sky imaging and it really does kill the stray light off. Try it and you will see the difference it makes.

A.G