For many years I have been slagging off springers, my argument being why would you want to buy such an inferior tool when there is an abundance of PCP's available which are vastly superior for hunting and target shooting? However, after doing reasonable well in my local club's springer comp with a borrowed heavyweight German beasty I started to have second thoughts.

I consulted other club members on which one to buy and was pointed in the direction of the Terrus. Being retired I have time to take on new projects and I enjoy fettling and tuning in a rather amateurish way. I visited an excellent gun shop in Derby and bought a Terrus for £199. I wanted a lightweight springer because my knackered hands, arms, shoulders, neck etc etc don't like heavy guns any more.

I stripped it down (very simple) and de-burred the bits that needed it and polished the trigger contact points plus shortening the trigger springs to make it lighter. Removing the butt pad revealed a cavity which I have filled with polystyrene packing chips held in by spray adhesive, this was to minimise twang and boing etc ( one of my pet hates re springers). The rather naff looking open sights have been discarded.

Tried several pellets and settled on Crosman Premier 7.9. Fitted with a Burris 2-7x35 Fullfield ll on low mounts I now have a springer which is not only consistently accurate but a real pleasure to shoot.

I have also discovered what many springer shooters have being saying for years in that PCP's can make people lazy and slapdash regarding their shooting technique and this wonderful Terrus has made me re-evaluate my opinion regarding my shooting abilities.

To answer your question I suggest you consider the following:-

Terrus .177 synth.........£199
Tune.....£50 (or diy £0)
Scope of your choice.....£150 - 200
Mounts..£40

£439-489

Hope my findings have been helpful,

Nev.