Thread: Is it AGW or SMK or am I going mad...?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is it AGW or SMK or am I going mad...?

Well I've got to that age when you start to doubt your faculties occasionally.....so here is what's causing me some puzzlement.
    I don't know how you read your AGW, but I always take the time to skim it the moment it arrives through the door noting items of strong interest. As soon as I get the chance I then read those items in depth. Having done that, the next time I pick up the mag is to cover the items that don't have such a strong interest for me, as I know I'll still gain something from them.
    I was at this stage when I was reading in September's issue about the inimitable Phil Price's review of the SMK CP1/CP1-M pistol. One of the paragraphs that stuck in my mind was, and I quote "[I]One of the first things I noticed about these guns is that they have the cocking bolt on the correct side!"[I] The bolt is on the left side to make it easier for right handers to cock it. A logical place I thought, and there are photos of the pistol to show just that.
    So what happens next is that having read the article I then turn a couple of pages and lo and behold.....I find a full page advertising SMK's CP1 and CP1-M pistols. Except now the pics are showing the bolt as being on the RIGHT side; right as opposed to left, not right as opposed to wrong. I skim the ad and then go back to Phil's article to see where I had missed the bit about interchangeable bolt........nothing.
    So who is right? And is right wrong? Or is left right? Or am I wrong......or left in limbo? I hope you're as confused by now as I am.
    Last edited by Shootfish; 29-08-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake