Thread: webley Hawke

webley Hawke

Hi does anyone out there have a foresight for a Webley Hawke kicking about in a spare parts box.
    Please please I am desperate.

Hawk foresight...

Have you tried the usual suspects re Webley spares? If you are doing it up as a 'keeper', I'd be tempted to fit a 4x32 scope till the right part/gun for spares comes up.
    Wish you all the best. I had a Mk 2 Hawk with .22 & .177 barrels nearly new back in the '70's, & it was the worst gun I've ever owned, bar none. Trigger & safety catch issues were the main problem, followed by piston/ring's. Oh, & a broken stock.
    Threw it into a skip - half expected the skip to reject it!
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Have you tried the usual suspects re Webley spares? If you are doing it up as a 'keeper', I'd be tempted to fit a 4x32 scope till the right part/gun for spares comes up.
    Wish you all the best. I had a Mk 2 Hawk with .22 & .177 barrels nearly new back in the '70's, & it was the worst gun I've ever owned, bar none. Trigger & safety catch issues were the main problem, followed by piston/ring's. Oh, & a broken stock.
    Threw it into a skip - half expected the skip to reject it!
    Yes but my grandson will be very disappointed if I follow your advise and skip it.

Grandson/daughters

As I said, wish you the best with it. TW Chambers do offer new/second hand Hawk foresight parts if you look at their site. Not sure which model you have, Mk 1, 2 or 3? They seem to have parts for the last 2 models.
    Seriously, watch the trigger assembly/safety catch - mine was downright dangerous. My various grand sprogs shoot with most of my small collection, under strict supervision.
    I hope to be doing up a BSA Meteor for their use soon - they've outgrown the Webley Junior rifle, & I'd rather they keep their mitts off my classic 'Sporters & Mk 3's...the HW's are a bit heavy for them.

All the best

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.