Thread: Rechargeable 12g Co2 Cartridge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The proton cartridges are regulated. There is a main filling chamber which is 200 bar then a small air space before the top that has a spring type regulator. I spoke to Mr Camilleri and he loosely confirmed this, i also have managed to find copies of plans for prototypes and finished model on the internet which show this. Mr Camilleri is a gent and I have the utmost faith in his work of which I'm sure a lot went into making these.
    With the co2 however i am now not so sure. So should I weigh them before and after filling and is there a way to confirm that they are 12g before i start? Having a mini co2 cartridge primed to explode due to lack of expansion space sounds bad. Maybe just sticking to room temp may help as its less likely to over fill? I'm wishing i had instructions but nothing came with them.

I've found that if something doesn't come with instructions it means that the manufacters have no intention of giving any customer service or warranty, if any thing goes wrong they can say "you did not follow the instructions that's why the product failed and because you did not follow the instructions you have voided the warranty"
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

I looked to go down the rechargeable 12g co2 route before but found extensive trawling through the internet to show that the product is fruitless. Not only does the product not have a burst disc (unlike the buddy bottles) but it is so easy to overfill as such as small quantity of co2 is dispensed into the cylinder, it is easy to overfill. Finally, given the size of the valve in the little 12g, there is little room for actual co2. Your best bet in my opinion is just to buy disposable co2s in bulk from JSR at just 25p a pop, they are hardly expensive.