Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
this topic makes my shit-itch every single time.....
you see ive had well over 100 air rifles over the years........ [i had 14 just last year all in one go ffs] lol ...... and over the years ive tried pretty much every pellet under the sun .......
some of the pellets you guys regularly recomend [like rws fields for example] have been utter garbage in every single rifle ive tried ....... same goes for h&n ftt / bis mags etc etc.. the only pellets that gives really good results [and in pretty much every gun ive owned] are jsb exacts and AA fields !
i will admit there are good and bad batches....... [same for any brand] but in the long run these 2 pellet-brands have given good groups in every gun ive had....
now i cant work out if you guys are saying 'x' brand groups well [when you mean at say 35 yds max] ???? because there are dozens of brands that will group well at these short ranges ! all of the ones above that i have just slated will infact group quite well at shorter ranges........ maybe thats why you guys recomend them ?
regardless , for me [target shooting only] 35 yds doesnt cut the mustard. i judge a pellet by how small a group it will print at 80+ yds and in those circumstances the AA fields and the jsb exacts are definately more accurate imho
Glad you've found the pellet that best suits your rifles/requirements as for me well I'm quite happy to stick with what I'm using, my 177/95k will smack a teespoon spinner time after time at 75yds (conditions allowing and I do my bit of course) but by the sounds of it my choice of pellet might just make you puke, the humble 'Superdome' does it for me I'm afraid the only prep they get is a wash, no lubes, no sizing, just a wash and blow dry !... 👍