Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is there a real alternative to JSB for Top Accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    this topic makes my shit-itch every single time.....
    you see ive had well over 100 air rifles over the years........ [i had 14 just last year all in one go ffs] lol ...... and over the years ive tried pretty much every pellet under the sun .......
    some of the pellets you guys regularly recomend [like rws fields for example] have been utter garbage in every single rifle ive tried ....... same goes for h&n ftt / bis mags etc etc.. the only pellets that gives really good results [and in pretty much every gun ive owned] are jsb exacts and AA fields !
    i will admit there are good and bad batches....... [same for any brand] but in the long run these 2 pellet-brands have given good groups in every gun ive had....
    now i cant work out if you guys are saying 'x' brand groups well [when you mean at say 35 yds max] ???? because there are dozens of brands that will group well at these short ranges ! all of the ones above that i have just slated will infact group quite well at shorter ranges........ maybe thats why you guys recomend them ?
    regardless , for me [target shooting only] 35 yds doesnt cut the mustard. i judge a pellet by how small a group it will print at 80+ yds and in those circumstances the AA fields and the jsb exacts are definately more accurate imho
    Glad you've found the pellet that best suits your rifles/requirements as for me well I'm quite happy to stick with what I'm using, my 177/95k will smack a teespoon spinner time after time at 75yds (conditions allowing and I do my bit of course) but by the sounds of it my choice of pellet might just make you puke, the humble 'Superdome' does it for me I'm afraid the only prep they get is a wash, no lubes, no sizing, just a wash and blow dry !... 👍

now then, if they group well at 75 yds then thats fine....... no argument from me [looks for puke smiley] as for all that washing/blowdrying stuff, real men who use real pellets havnt got time for all that self-preening nonesense ! i suppose you wipe after a piss too ?
    nah....... straight from the tin and grouping well is the mans way !!!!!!! he said stroking his swarf-laden mans beard
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    now then, if they group well at 75 yds then thats fine....... no argument from me [looks for puke smiley] as for all that washing/blowdrying stuff, real men who use real pellets havnt got time for all that self-preening nonesense ! i suppose you wipe after a piss too ?
    nah....... straight from the tin and grouping well is the mans way !!!!!!! he said stroking his swarf-laden mans beard
    Never really had any issues with 'domes' apart from all the shite they're covered in, always been consistent/accurate enough for my needs and as for the washing well that's more of a OCD thing, I call it 'obsessive pellet cleaning disorder' or 'OPCD' for short !...😁👍

Oh and for your information no I don't wipe after I piss, I get the missus to do it !...😂

i know, she told me
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Tony

These rifle manufacturers don't half confuse things by keep doing different deals with different pellet manufacturers.

Crosman ( New York, USA ) have been banging out the 'Premier' style pellet for a few decades now. The 1250 in a box ones were all the rage in FT in the 90's. The boxed Prems are apparently from selected dies and they only use those dies for a certain run time. When you buy a box of 1250 Prems you are apparently getting 1250 from the same die ( the variable sizes make me doubt that these days ). Apparently when they've finished the run of Prems they use the dies for a while longer. Those used to be Crosman Accupell and you may have got mixed dies in a tin of 500. These were/are all 7.9gr pellets in 0.177. They look like they are two halves stuck together with a line down the centre and there's a tiny step at the back end of the tail. Shiny shiny pellets with a lot of infill inside the tail.

Webley then had pellets made by Crosman in New York and called them Webley Mosquito ( 7.9gr ). It said 'Made by Crosman in the USA' on the front tin label.

Webley then seemed to do a deal with JSB as the UK importer and started selling Webley Mosquito Express. These were a lighter version of the JSB Exact ( 8.44gr ) at 7.87gr. Maybe that deal expired after a while as Webley stopped selling that label and JSB were selling JSB Express at 7.87gr ( same pellet ).

Webley also seemed to take over the Accupell brand name from Crosman. Webley sold those as Webley Accupell ( Prem style 7.9gr pellets made in New York, USA by Crosman and originally Crosman Accupell ).

Webley now sell Accupell FT. These are exactly the same weight and style as the H&N FTT ( 8.64gr ). These are undoubtedly made for Webley by H&N in Germany and are basically FTT.

Daystate have done similar things. They jump from Crosman Prems ( Daystate Rangemaster Li ... 7.9gr made in USA ) to JSB Exacts ( Rangemaster Sovereign ... 8.44gr made in CZ ). Daystate do the Rangemaster Kaiser which are 8.64gr and will be made by H&N and will be FTT.

Cheers for that, Bozzer. And, yes, I've seen many references over the years as to suppliers switching pellet makers.

However, re the Accupells.....I recently tried some boxed 7.9 Prems. They were that impressive in the rifle that I tried them with that I thought I'd also like to see how the .22 versions performed. My local shop doesn't stock the boxed ones, but does stock the Prems in tins and also Accupells. I chose the Accupells. And THEY are the Crosman Prems.

So, is there a chance that .177 Accupells are FTTs and the .22s are Crosmans? Seems strange, but nothing would surprise me!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Tony

In 0.177 ... Webley Accupell are made from the same dies as Prems ( but probably older ) by Crosman in New York, USA ( 7.9gr ). Webley Accupell FT are Field Target Trophy ( FTT ) made by H&N in Germany ( 8.64gr ).

In 0.22 ... Webley Accupell are made from the same dies as Prems by Crosman in New York, USA ( 14.3gr ). Webley Accupell FT are FTT made by H&N in Germany ( 14.66gr ).

The Crosman Prems, Webley Accupell, Daystate Rangemaster Li ( no longer available ), Brocock Super Diablo ( became Silco Super Diablo ) are all made by Crosman in New York, USA from the same machines. All 7.9gr in 0.177 and all 14.3gr in 0.22.

H&N FTT, Webley Accupell FT, Daystate Rangemaster Kaiser are all made by H&N in Germany from the same machines. All 8.64gr in 0.177 and all 14.66gr in 0.22.

Webley Accupell in any variety ... Made in USA by Crosman.

Webley Accupell FT [COLOR=#000000]in any variety ... Made in Germany by H&N.

The Accupell name was originally used by Crosman and was an alternative to their Premier pellets. Some say they used the dies for a certain run of Prems and then used them for the Accupell. The Accupell could contain a mix of dies. Webley basically 'acquired' the name. So the Accupell are sold with virtually the old Crosman Accupell label ... but with a Webley badge at the top. Webley then decided to have pellets made by H&N in Germany and just to confuse us call them ... Webley Accupell FT.

Crosman Accupell

Webley Accupell

Webley Accupell FT

All apparently probably the world's most accurate airgun ammo. Do Webley make lager?
    Last edited by bozzer; 06-02-2016 at 08:19 AM.