Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CO2 Luger Clones - Which is the Best ?

CO2 Luger Clones - Which is the Best ?

CO2 Luger clones - Which is the best one to buy ?
    There seem to be quite a few different ones and some seem to be identical but re-badged !
    Any good advice please ?

Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Hi

I've a KWC blowback po8 - got a great deal at Countryman in Derby & paid £90!

It's a good copy with very little 'safety' writing on it like the Gletcher versions. It's full blowback and looks like the real deal

Good: replica, stripable, feels good in the hand and a good blowback, proper loading

Bad: plastic grips (did try wood ones off the 'bay but beyond my diy skills!), two mags per co2 cartridge, not very accurate

I've got a Swiss arms 1911 that has a much better co2 usage, and a Webley mk6 that's mega accurate!

For a bit of fun & history the KWC Luger is a good buy (at the right price mind!)

My thoughts exactly, the KWC is without doubt the best one. Available badged as KWC, GSG and Gletcher.

Watch out, there are 2 Gletcher Lugers, the Parabellum is the one you want, the other has a smaller mag and the CO2 in the gun.

Mine is a Gletcher branded version and I seem to get at least 3 mags out of a CO2. I had the KWC branded version but had to take it back as it would only fire in Full auto, so did it's replacement so I got a refund and bought the Gletcher.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    My thoughts exactly, the KWC is without doubt the best one. Available badged as KWC, GSG and Gletcher.

Watch out, there are 2 Gletcher Lugers, the Parabellum is the one you want, the other has a smaller mag and the CO2 in the gun.

Mine is a Gletcher branded version and I seem to get at least 3 mags out of a CO2. I had the KWC branded version but had to take it back as it would only fire in Full auto, so did it's replacement so I got a refund and bought the Gletcher.
    I was looking at the same gletcher the parabellum is the one modelled on the WW2 luger with the black handle grips at 129 Euro,s plus postal costs from Germany awaiting new stock .
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    I was looking at the same gletcher the parabellum is the one modelled on the WW2 luger with the black handle grips at 129 Euro,s plus postal costs from Germany awaiting new stock .
    I believe I paid £99 for mine.

I believe I paid £99 for mine.
    Exactly what I paid for mine.

http://www.sportsguns.co.uk/air-guns.../kwcluger.html
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Umbrex Legends PO8

Can only comment on mine, no blowback on this version. Some reckon this feature wastes power - I don't know enough to comment.
    Nice solid feel.
    Bought it because I like Lugers & it was on special offer. Does not hold a candle to my CO2 pellet revolvers for accuracy, or my old Webley pistols for power.
    Would like to hear comments from someone who owns/has owned both types.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Can only comment on mine, no blowback on this version. Some reckon this feature wastes power - I don't know enough to comment.
    Nice solid feel.
    Bought it because I like Lugers & it was on special offer. Does not hold a candle to my CO2 pellet revolvers for accuracy, or my old Webley pistols for power.
    Would like to hear comments from someone who owns/has owned both types.
    Not sure that blowback wastes power, the inaccuracy of a double action shot with a BB is surely more of a waste ?

I own most types of pistols, if you like Lugers then there is virtualy no point at the moment in not owning a blowback. Of course once someone releases the blowback pellet firing version with ejecting shells that we all want this will change, I don't think this is on the cards though. If we are stuck with BBs then accept the inaccuracy and enjoy the blowback.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    ... Of course once someone releases the blowback pellet firing version with ejecting shells that we all want this will change.
    Would it though? for me I suspect the novelty of grovelling around collecting all the ejected shells everytime would rapidly wear off

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Would it though? for me I suspect the novelty of grovelling around collecting all the ejected shells everytime would rapidly wear off
    Me too! Realism is good up to a point but ejecting shells is a step too far.

John

Maybe so chaps, I'm a model maker and like my replicas to be as close to the real thing as possible.

I am sure it would sell though, it certainly seems to work for airsoft guns. Not practical at all but good fun.

Maybe so chaps, I'm a model maker and like my replicas to be as close to the real thing as possible.

I am sure it would sell though, it certainly seems to work for airsoft guns. Not practical at all but good fun.
    As a model maker, have you tried artificially ageing some of the CO2 clones such as the Umarex Luger? I reckon my model would look great with a worn looking finish but am not confident at performing the task myself without expert guidance!

John

Funny thing is, I have handled a lot of P08's and owned two myself in South Africa,even a very old 1913 Erfurt, and they never seem very worn. I would not overdo the ageing.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Funny thing is, I have handled a lot of P08's and owned two myself in South Africa,even a very old 1913 Erfurt, and they never seem very worn. I would not overdo the ageing.

Baz
    Hi Baz,

That's why I'm not confident of carrying out the job myself as I'd want it to look 'right'. My DIY skills often result in Destroying It Yourself!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    As a model maker, have you tried artificially ageing some of the CO2 clones such as the Umarex Luger? I reckon my model would look great with a worn looking finish but am not confident at performing the task myself without expert guidance!

John
    Interesting thought. I do this all of the time on scale weapons but have never tried it on a 12 inches to the foot replica.

The difference would be that with a scale model you are trying to make something that looks like a worn finish which is actually quite easy, making things look real at full scale would mean effectively accelerating the wear and tear, not easy to do and easy to get carried away and ruin the effect. The other problem is that blued steel and painted zinc alloy react very differently to wear.

It's certainly a project I might consider looking at. My Umarex PPK Classic literally blew apart in my hands a couple of weeks ago, I still have all of the bits and I doubt it is repairable (completely fatigued frame) so it could be a good test subject.