Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CO2 Luger Clones - Which is the Best ?

I have a KWC version and I love the blowback action - particularly when the last bb has been fired.

As a replica it is nice.

As an accurate pistol it is rubbish (but I don't care).

It is a good toy and I appreciate nice toys.

For accurate, quick, fire semiautomatic fun I use my Crossman 600.

Both pistols are great but in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Interesting thought. I do this all of the time on scale weapons but have never tried it on a 12 inches to the foot replica.

The difference would be that with a scale model you are trying to make something that looks like a worn finish which is actually quite easy, making things look real at full scale would mean effectively accelerating the wear and tear, not easy to do and easy to get carried away and ruin the effect. The other problem is that blued steel and painted zinc alloy react very differently to wear.

It's certainly a project I might consider looking at. My Umarex PPK Classic literally blew apart in my hands a couple of weeks ago, I still have all of the bits and I doubt it is repairable (completely fatigued frame) so it could be a good test subject.
    It would be an interesting item to see if you decide to go ahead. I understand artificial ageing is quite popular in the airsoft world and we are seeing aged finishes on some CO2 clones, so hopefully somebody will offer a quality ageing service for those of us who are technically challenged!

John

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    Thank you for all the replies - so is it forum consensus that the one in the link above is the one to get ?
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

When I checked the site they wanted £159 which in
    my calculations is more than 129 euros confused or what I was ready to press the pay button
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    When I checked the site they wanted £159 which in
    my calculations is more than 129 euros confused or what I was ready to press the pay button
    Confused? There are/were three different Lugers on the site, the one I ordered was the one in the link at £99. Are you saying they are now charging £159 for it? A bit off if they are!
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

It says £99 for me.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Why are the Umarex relabelled KWC versions much cheaper than the others - Gletcher etc?

I don't mean the first non blowback Umarex one, but the later blowback version.

They are relatively cheap here, but go for not much more than fifty quid on the continent. The Umarex Colt CQBP are also very cheap. Why is this?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    It would be an interesting item to see if you decide to go ahead. I understand artificial ageing is quite popular in the airsoft world and we are seeing aged finishes on some CO2 clones, so hopefully somebody will offer a quality ageing service for those of us who are technically challenged!

John
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing...

They did a great job on the Battlefield Finish Webley, it would be great if more of the older designs were offered in a 'weathered' finish.

I would love to try it myself but I would no doubt make a mess of it but if I could pick up a second hand KWC I'd be willing to give it a go, even a new one at £90 odd isn't too bad but there are no RFDs near me.

Suppose it would just be a case of gathering up a load of reference pics and starting with some very fine 'wet and dry paper'
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing...

They did a great job on the Battlefield Finish Webley, it would be great if more of the older designs were offered in a 'weathered' finish.

I would love to try it myself but I would no doubt make a mess of it but if I could pick up a second hand KWC I'd be willing to give it a go, even a new one at £90 odd isn't too bad but there are no RFDs near me.

Suppose it would just be a case of gathering up a load of reference pics and starting with some very fine 'wet and dry paper'
    You won't need an RFD, the company I linked to deliver to your door.

You won't need an RFD, the company I linked to deliver to your door.
    If you live in England or Wales...

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    If you live in England or Wales...
    Oh bugger, sorry I didn't realise!

Oh bugger, sorry I didn't realise!
    You had me excited for a minute I wish I could find a Scottish RFD that offered a delivery service.

I got mine from here: http://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/...ducts_id/32301 KWC replica in a GSG box. Came to about £90 including delivery.

Just a wee bit of info I discovered last night after some research...Pellpax now deliver to your door in Scotland on the last day of each month for a fee of £19.95, they aren't the cheapest of retailers but it is definitely an option.

Confused? There are/were three different Lugers on the site, the one I ordered was the one in the link at £99. Are you saying they are now charging £159 for it? A bit off if they are!
    Yes there are three different PO8 one is KWC at £99 the other two are Gletcher one the PO8 the other is the Parabellum which is st £159 which is the luger of WW2 confusion over,shame no one produces a pellet version the same for the Webley mk1V pistol:this sites delivery charges a little steep,SMG,s are offering free delivery on some pistols too your local friendly RFD
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance