Thread: crossman 2240 open sights up-grade ?

crossman 2240 open sights up-grade ?

Im looking for options on up-grading the open sights on my 2240, they are adequate, but not very good.
    Whats a better alternative to buy ? or what do you use.
    thanks

The best value open sight that really works well in my opinion would be the LPA MIM sight, but they can only be used with a Crosman steel breech.
    Last edited by fok; 05-09-2015 at 08:43 PM.

A pistol scope gives pretty outstanding accuracy once you get acclimated to it but it does require a steel breech.

I use an ASG 2x20 sight on a Crosman steel breach. It's quite happy hitting bottle tops out to 15 Metres and great fun to shoot.

Actuallly one of my favourite pistols.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Thanks for the replies, it looks like a steel breach is the only way to improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by stirky View Post
    Thanks for the replies, it looks like a steel breach is the only way to improve things.
    It is one of the best modifications you can make to a 2240, far better than the plastic breach.

Not neccessarrily !
    I bought some Pro Blocks from our sponsor , JS Ramsbottom and mounted a red dot sight.
    Simples, and not too expensive.
    http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...dapter-blocks-[459mtc].html
    Last edited by Alakar; 07-09-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Not neccessarrily !
    I bought some Pro Blocks from our sponsor , JS Ramsbottom and mounted a red dot sight.
    Simples, and not too expensive.
    http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...dapter-blocks-[459mtc].html
    Unfortunately they do have a bad reputation for being a less than secure method of mounting optics.

Fine for the awful plastic 4x20 scope that comes with the 2250B but personally I wouldn't waste my money on them. It is better spent on the metal breach which not only provides a more secure scope rail it provides a much more secure mount for the barrel. The plastic breach can move which twists the barrel off to one side, the problocks go some way to alleviate this but they still allow an amount of movement. It might not be evident looking at the gun but the effect when the pellet is 10 metres away is far more dramatic.

Fair point,
    I must have been writing my post when you posted yours re the steel breech.
    Obviously you are right, the more solid the mount is , the less chance of movement.
    My 2240 was a cheap buy , together with a red dot . It was a tool used for close range ratting.

I do actually use a couple of sets of Pro Blocks on my custom 2250 so I'm not entirely against them. Not for mounting a scope but they work well in conjunction with the GMAC multishot breach if you want to mount a couple of weaver rails on either side of the barrel, quite handy on a gun like the 2250 to have a torch, lamp or laser.