Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASG. Dan Wesson. Pellet revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Yeah I totally agree with that as well..
    Also you don't have that much of a choice when it comes to snub nose revolvers, as blooregard says go check them out, I'm sure your like one if you got one mate..
    There is the snub nose python which is more realistic, but only available as a bb version.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Hi pete, no problem mate your more then welcome, always happy to help and give my opinion, i have had a few people on youtube ask me as well so i thought it would be a good video to do..
    I have done the video i just need to upload it, ill do that later this afternoon and message it to you early evening..

12 spare cartridges for the pellet dan wesson is not a bad price well worth getting for that price it will make your life much easier in the long run and speed up the shooting and fun, you should get around 80-90 good shots from the dan wesson on one co2 capsule. With the shells pre loading your get through those shots quite fast.

ATB, Marc..
    I would like to publicly thank Marc for the new video on info concerning co2 capsules and the storage and lubing of mags and guns using co2 and green gas. Its well worth a watch. Have a look on his youtube site. ATB. Pete. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hi, Pete

A late reply - if you like your Crosman you'll LOVE the Wesson. I won't enter into the debate about leaving CO2 cylinders in or not, as I don't know enough about it.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Hi, Pete

A late reply - if you like your Crosman you'll LOVE the Wesson. I won't enter into the debate about leaving CO2 cylinders in or not, as I don't know enough about it.
    I know people have differing opinions on "leave in or take out" the co2 but Marc in his new video does make that point. He just gives his own take on the debate. Thanks for the reassuring comment that the Wesson is a cut above the crosman. I've fancied a snub nose for ages to see what I can do with a short barrel, just for the fun of it but didn't want bb's. I've had bb guns but given up on them because of various reasons. When I heard about the pellet version SN revolver with swing out cylinder and shells I thought It was a must have. Having watched cop shows of old when they all used revolvers (I'm 65 you know!) I just love the aesthetics of them. It'll take me back in time and I can practice trigger control with it while watching repeats of Kojak etc. lol.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    I know people have differing opinions on "leave in or take out" the co2 but Marc in his new video does make that point. He just gives his own take on the debate. Thanks for the reassuring comment that the Wesson is a cut above the crosman. I've fancied a snub nose for ages to see what I can do with a short barrel, just for the fun of it but didn't want bb's. I've had bb guns but given up on them because of various reasons. When I heard about the pellet version SN revolver with swing out cylinder and shells I thought It was a must have. Having watched cop shows of old when they all used revolvers (I'm 65 you know!) I just love the aesthetics of them. It'll take me back in time and I can practice trigger control with it while watching repeats of Kojak etc. lol.
    i'm 57- i too remember those shows! & a lot of cops still prefer revolvers, as there are fewer parts to jam, & a choice of barrel lengths. shame you don't want bb, as the SN python looks a real cracker, is more of an accurate replica & is said to be more sturdy than the DW.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
    i'm 57- i too remember those shows! & a lot of cops still prefer revolvers, as there are fewer parts to jam, & a choice of barrel lengths. shame you don't want bb, as the SN python looks a real cracker, is more of an accurate replica & is said to be more sturdy than the DW.
    Ah, 57, I remember that, lol. For my shooting situation (indoors at 21ft max range) I found bb's bounced about like a squirrel, were less accurate, and harder to clear up after a session. I just don't trust them to go where i'm aiming too. No, i'm sticking with pellets (Gecco's) and rifled barrels for consistency in all my guns. ATB. Pete.

Hi pete, thank you for the nice comment and for sharing my video, was nice of you mate, and im glad the video was helpful to you as well..
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Pellet revolvers - I love them.

I'm really looking forward to Xmas, when I'm told the pellet version of the Webley 455 will be out. Guess what I'm buying myself....

When I bought the 8" Wesson, had a few problems with pellets jamming. Advice from this site sorted it, Gecco's or RWS CO2 Target seem to be the way to go.

Interested to hear how you get on with yours, keep in touch.

Bru.

PS I'm 50 something, sure I love revolvers thru reading Sherlock Holmes as a young kid, & watching The Sweeney in the '70's.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I'm really looking forward to Xmas, when I'm told the pellet version of the Webley 455 will be out. Guess what I'm buying myself....

When I bought the 8" Wesson, had a few problems with pellets jamming. Advice from this site sorted it, Gecco's or RWS CO2 Target seem to be the way to go.

Interested to hear how you get on with yours, keep in touch.

Bru.

PS I'm 50 something, sure I love revolvers thru reading Sherlock Holmes as a young kid, & watching The Sweeney in the '70's.
    It'll be a week or so before the gun comes in to NM products. It's on backorder. Will let you know how I get on with it after some breaking in time. I go back to Dragnet and Highway patrol on TV plus Bogart, Cagney films etc. ATB. Pete.

Wesson 8" vs Crosman 177 pellet 357-6 revolver

Hi, Pete

Partly 'cos of this thread, been shooting these two 'back to back' in my relaxation sessions after work, in single action mode with iron sights. With RWS Gecco pellets & Crosman CO2 bulbs. The Wesson was slightly more accurate over 6 yards. A royal pain loading cartridges every 6 shots, will def buy some more...

ATB

Bru

Hi, Pete

Partly 'cos of this thread, been shooting these two 'back to back' in my relaxation sessions after work, in single action mode with iron sights. With RWS Gecco pellets & Crosman CO2 bulbs. The Wesson was slightly more accurate over 6 yards. A royal pain loading cartridges every 6 shots, will def buy some more...

ATB

Bru
    I recently saw a youtube vid about the DW 8". Interestingly, the reviewer said it might be possible to remove the lip inside the cartridge that butts against the pellet skirt so you could just push a pellet from open end down to the screw end to make it quicker to load. He says its the same diameter hole. Sounds like it might be worth a try! What does anyone think? Still having to wait till 20th Oct to get my snubby. Deliveries been put back again. ATB. Pete.