Thread: Diana 300r

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Diana 300r

Just spotted one of the above rare breeds on guntrader.

Does anyone know if these were made in a single shot non repeating version?

Thanks
    Dave

Diana 46

The 300R is, unless I am sadly mistaken, the same as the 46, apart from featuring the easily-knackered repeating bits.

Dave

That model was only made as the multi-shot (hence the R for repeater in the name).

An EXTREMELY elegant gun, its downfall / short life was down to idiot users (I believe ) who couldn't or were unwilling to follow basic instructions.

So it is a bit of a rarity owing to its short prod. run - if I had the money I would buy a really good example (the mag/loading issues are minor & easily rectified), its all a matter of restrained shooting with a Repeater Spring Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post
    That model was only made as the multi-shot (hence the R for repeater in the name).

An EXTREMELY elegant gun, its downfall / short life was down to idiot users (I believe ) who couldn't or were unwilling to follow basic instructions.

So it is a bit of a rarity owing to its short prod. run - if I had the money I would buy a really good example (the mag/loading issues are minor & easily rectified), its all a matter of restrained shooting with a Repeater Spring Rifle.
    Agreed. Not owned one (and my Diana-buying fund is now back to zero, so I'm avoiding searching GT). It's quite obvious that if you operate it properly, it works properly. And if you don't, it breaks. Like a lot of things.

But, while I stand to be corrected, I think it shares the same stock, barrel, comp tube (modified for reapting mech) etc as the 46. Like a BSA Goldstar and Superstar.

So, Dave

Geezer & I think you should buy it

(assuming it meets certain visual standards).

If you dont...

let's just say 'we know where you live'

Get it bought, son !

You know it makes sense

He's right, you know

One of my friendly local-ish gunshops had one a couple of years ago for, IIRC, £350 or £395, and I was very tempted. I thought maybe it wouldn't sell and perhaps I could negotiate it down a bit, or find one here. Then it was gone...

Anyway, here is some hopefully useful 300R info:

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011/...rlever-part-1/

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011/...rlever-part-2/

If you do buy it, do post on here about how you find it.

And if it's not silly money, you can probably get all or most of your money back on here - perhaps especially if DSSidelever or I are prowling round sales at the time, and feeling the itch .

Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post
    So, Dave

Geezer & I think you should buy it

(assuming it meets certain visual standards).

If you dont...

let's just say 'we know where you live'

Get it bought, son !

You know it makes sense
    Hiya chaps. Must admit I am in a Diana phase good n proper. And that 300r looks very tasty indeed. Just one curve ball. I already own one . So as much as I would like a mate to keep this one company I need to focus on other models.
    Nice buy for someone though. As far as collecting is concerned it ticks many boxes.
    Soooo chaps. Over to you. Either of you tempted?
    Dave