Thread: Diana 300r

Diana 300r

Just spotted one of the above rare breeds on guntrader.

Does anyone know if these were made in a single shot non repeating version?

Thanks
    Dave

Diana 46

The 300R is, unless I am sadly mistaken, the same as the 46, apart from featuring the easily-knackered repeating bits.

Dave

That model was only made as the multi-shot (hence the R for repeater in the name).

An EXTREMELY elegant gun, its downfall / short life was down to idiot users (I believe ) who couldn't or were unwilling to follow basic instructions.

So it is a bit of a rarity owing to its short prod. run - if I had the money I would buy a really good example (the mag/loading issues are minor & easily rectified), its all a matter of restrained shooting with a Repeater Spring Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post
    That model was only made as the multi-shot (hence the R for repeater in the name).

An EXTREMELY elegant gun, its downfall / short life was down to idiot users (I believe ) who couldn't or were unwilling to follow basic instructions.

So it is a bit of a rarity owing to its short prod. run - if I had the money I would buy a really good example (the mag/loading issues are minor & easily rectified), its all a matter of restrained shooting with a Repeater Spring Rifle.
    Agreed. Not owned one (and my Diana-buying fund is now back to zero, so I'm avoiding searching GT). It's quite obvious that if you operate it properly, it works properly. And if you don't, it breaks. Like a lot of things.

But, while I stand to be corrected, I think it shares the same stock, barrel, comp tube (modified for reapting mech) etc as the 46. Like a BSA Goldstar and Superstar.

So, Dave

Geezer & I think you should buy it

(assuming it meets certain visual standards).

If you dont...

let's just say 'we know where you live'

Get it bought, son !

You know it makes sense

He's right, you know

One of my friendly local-ish gunshops had one a couple of years ago for, IIRC, £350 or £395, and I was very tempted. I thought maybe it wouldn't sell and perhaps I could negotiate it down a bit, or find one here. Then it was gone...

Anyway, here is some hopefully useful 300R info:

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011/...rlever-part-1/

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011/...rlever-part-2/

If you do buy it, do post on here about how you find it.

And if it's not silly money, you can probably get all or most of your money back on here - perhaps especially if DSSidelever or I are prowling round sales at the time, and feeling the itch .

So, Dave

Geezer & I think you should buy it

(assuming it meets certain visual standards).

If you dont...

let's just say 'we know where you live'

Get it bought, son !

You know it makes sense
    Hiya chaps. Must admit I am in a Diana phase good n proper. And that 300r looks very tasty indeed. Just one curve ball. I already own one . So as much as I would like a mate to keep this one company I need to focus on other models.
    Nice buy for someone though. As far as collecting is concerned it ticks many boxes.
    Soooo chaps. Over to you. Either of you tempted?
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Hiya chaps. Must admit I am in a Diana phase good n proper. And that 300r looks very tasty indeed. Just one curve ball. I already own one . So as much as I would like a mate to keep this one company I need to focus on other models.
    Nice buy for someone though. As far as collecting is concerned it ticks many boxes.
    Soooo chaps. Over to you. Either of you tempted?
    Dave
    Ha! Drat! You got me.

As I said "my Diana-buying fund is now back to zero".

Will not start looking on guntrader. Will not start looking on guntrader. Will not start looking on guntrader.

300r

I have one for sale in extremely good condition , If you remember Geezer (or i believe it was you )when you had a stall at the last Melbourne gun fair you put it on your stand for me . A bit to late when i asked if i could put it on to sell . its 177 can email pics to anyone interested £400.00
    Many thanks Shane

I had a diana 300r.heavy bloody thing it was to much more front heavy than my hw97 and they are heavy enough. I soldit 2yrs ago for £330 and although too heavy a gun for my liking it was a stunning gun to look at. I do regret selling it but so do i about selling my2 skans also. But we all do these impulsive sales we regret much later on. But i kept the diana hard case it was bought with as it was so nice. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I had a diana 300r.heavy bloody thing it was to much more front heavy than my hw97 and they are heavy enough. I soldit 2yrs ago for £330 and although too heavy a gun for my liking it was a stunning gun to look at. I do regret selling it but so do i about selling my2 skans also. But we all do these impulsive sales we regret much later on. But i kept the diana hard case it was bought with as it was so nice. Chris
    Morning Chris. She is still bloody heavy but stunning to look at. She is also in good company here with other Dianas, HWs n BSFs
    I wonder if any manufacturer will re visit a repeating springer design? I have my doubts n I guess why that makes the 300r such a scarce breed. As has been said I think the 300r is basically a good gun but needs a bit of forethought n attention to use regular
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    I have one for sale in extremely good condition , If you remember Geezer (or i believe it was you )when you had a stall at the last Melbourne gun fair you put it on your stand for me . A bit to late when i asked if i could put it on to sell . its 177 can email pics to anyone interested £400.00
    Many thanks Shane
    Not me, never (sadly) got to Melbourne. Must have been some other splendid helpful Diana-fan .

Nor me

obviously (as I'm barred from any type of 'venue' where "silly, unnecessary guns" might be even seen)

Theoben briefly made a repeater or multi shot springer and of course BSA (I think) had a go as well
    but I could well be confuddling a mental image of the rolling breech BSA Stutzen with something else...

obviously (as I'm barred from any type of 'venue' where "silly, unnecessary guns" might be even seen)

Theoben briefly made a repeater or multi shot springer and of course BSA (I think) had a go as well
    but I could well be confuddling a mental image of the rolling breech BSA Stutzen with something else...
    Theoben SLR88 and SLR98.

BSA Goldstar.