Thread: BSA Superten problem

BSA Superten problem

please i need someone knows a bit about supertens mk2 because i have problem.i have been using mine since buying it a month ago with no problem.then today i took the bottle off to refill it,tried to put it back (with a new o ring)the bottle screws in ok but leaks a little air.however the air is not going into the gun.i have cocked and fired the gun with bottle attached but it just dry fires with no air evident.any ideas?do i need a new regulator?ANY help much appreciated.OR any idea if anyone local to cheltenham fixes them.thanks

S10

Quote Originally Posted by series 2 View Post
    please i need someone knows a bit about supertens mk2 because i have problem.i have been using mine since buying it a month ago with no problem.then today i took the bottle off to refill it,tried to put it back (with a new o ring)the bottle screws in ok but leaks a little air.however the air is not going into the gun.i have cocked and fired the gun with bottle attached but it just dry fires with no air evident.any ideas?do i need a new regulator?ANY help much appreciated.OR any idea if anyone local to cheltenham fixes them.thanks
    Hi lad .it should not leak ,make sure it is the right size O ring for that bottle,I have some here if you need some ,just pm me,,,also ,what pressure did you fill it to, I fill mine to 200 bar only ,cheak to see it is only that ,it may only be set for that on the hammer spring ,some put 230 bar in ,no leave the regulator alone ,they are buggers to work on ,as I know .what did you fill it from ? a 300 bar bottle or a 230 bar bottle and is the gauge working ok .As norm the buddy bottle only lets the air in on the last one to two thread just before tightens up to the stop ,and no air should leak out at all .pm me if you want,,,,pops

Sounds like either the new O ring is too big or is not correctly seated.

Unless the old one was leaking why change it ?

You did remove the old one first

Thanks for the replies have tried to pm you but you cannot reply as bbs wont let me change my e-mail address.yes the orings are the correct size i bought them of this site with some moly grease.i have reduced pressure to 200 bar but the gun still leaks and no air is entering the regulator.any other ideas please.

I presume it didn't leak with the old O ring?

When the bottle is off the reg is there any air leaking from the bottle?

Sometimes bits of dirt/grit get stuck in the spring loaded white plastic bit on the neck of the bottle.

It could be a bit of dirt/grit stuck in the feed to the reg.

It's most likely to be seals in the reg.

Do you remove the bottle properly ... unscrew 1/4 turn ... fire off a few shots ... turn a bit more ... fire off a few shots ... so that pressure is reducing as you remove the bottle.

If you don't do this it can take out seals.

It may be best if you send the bottle and reg to someone like Rancid Tom from the BSAOG. He used to service bottles and regs for about 50 quid. Just send it to him and he'll sort it and send it back.

Good luck

PS

XTX ( Darrin ) is based in Worcester. Not too far from you.

He used to service S10's. I've a suspicion he stopped working on the S10's but he may still do some work on them. Just Google XTX Air and you'll find their website and contact details. Give him a ring and ask if he can sort you out. Top bloke.
    Last edited by bozzer; 07-09-2015 at 06:34 AM.

O rings

I sent you 4 O rings Tuesday,did you get them ok ,if so did it stop the leak.......pops