Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meon Valley Charity Shoot

Meon Valley Charity Shoot

Many thanks to the team at Meon Valley for laying on a very enjoyable days shooting and eating the usual platter of health food!

It was interesting to have FT and HFT folk shooting side by side, fabulous grounds and a very friendly welcome.

Good fun shooting round with Lewis, Gary, Geoff and Damien
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

It was great seeing you guys there, you guys out shot a lot of us on our own turf...

Well done guys, thanks for coming.

That wretched thing called "work" prevented me from taking part in today's shoot, but I and fellow MVAC members were genuinely thrilled and touched that so many turned out in support of the Rosemary Foundation and Alex's memory.

So glad that you enjoyed the day's shooting (albeit in a slightly unusual format, going head-to-head with the FT boys), and do please remember that you are all VERY welcome to come back over to Meon Valley AC anytime you wish.

That was an excellent day's shoot. Meon Valley folk certainly made us most welcome, and kept us amused, fed and watered too!! It was a pleasure to take part in a shoot for such a worthwhile cause.

Interesting to shoot FT and HFT alongside each other! Trying to gauge where between the gates to lie and hold the gun without hitting the ground in front was quite a challenge! Thanks to Mike for the company, not to mention the banter that came from both sides of us!!!

Well done to all the winners, and Charles for showing us how to win the shoot off!!!!

Now that I have found that the long dirt track really does lead to a fantastic place to shoot, I am sure I will visit you again!!

Jean
    M.A.D. Air Arms team member 2013-2015

Hi
    First of all, I would like to be able to thank personally each and every one of you who today, again showed why I am proud to be part of our shooting community.

Thank you! all 82 of you from both the FT & HFT stables who decided to come along to MVAC and make the “Alex Boddy charity shoot” a very , very special day.

Thank you! to our mystery bidder whose incredible bid of £300 help to raise a grand sum of £460 in our auction of the Mclaren F1 & P1 models, aptly pre-ceded over by Mr Gary Chillingworth, and how fitting it was that ”Judit Boddy” should win the P1, a car ”Alex” helped to design, and along with the incredible generosity of those who willingly supplied us with some great raffle prizes, (I would mention you all but I’m afraid I may forget some names) and everyone who either on the day dug deep into their pockets or who have sent in donations, have help raise over £1500 (finale amount to be verified and I expect it to be higher) for the “Roseamary Foundation

I could go on and on and end up sounding like an acceptance speech at the Oscars, Lol but there is one other person I would like to acknowledge for his hard work and relentless approach in helping to promote this event, without his help, today would not have been the huge success and fitting tribute to Alex’s Memory!.....thanks Nick.

A huge pat on the back to all at “Meon” who have helped over the last several months and the last few days in getting everything set up.

Jean, its always a pleasure and looking forward to our next encounter

A Great day, lots of smiles and P. taking (epically those boys from Wendover) Just the way Alex would have liked it.

ATB
    Mike

ps.
    Pic’s and results to follow in the next few days, but for now, its been a long day, I’m Knackered & it’s getting late.
    Last edited by happydad; 13-09-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

I don't suppose you have any vintage charity events

I echo all of the above and then some!!

Them FT boys don't just twiddle and fiddle they can certainly shoot! kicked our butts!!

Love to see everybody coming together for a good cause! That is what we do best i reckon..

It certainly isn't shooting 55yd targets....i couldn't even see it let alone bracket it or see where i inevitably missed!! Ha!

Certainly rinsed me, i couldn't hit anything remotely difficult! Then having to endure the humility of being beaten by Simmo..the shame...Ha!

Great stuff, well done Meon! X
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Really enjoyable day and a fantastic sum raised.
    Many thanks to my shooting buddies, Gary, Damien, Charles and Lewis (who wasn't too shy about putting Gary in his place)
    Great the rain held off.
    Cheers to Gary for the lift!

We now have the total raised for the "Rosemary Foundation" in memory of Alex Boddy........£1660.

A fantastic amount raised by all those who have donated or attended the shoot on Sunday.

From us all at MVAC, a huge big THANK YOU!

ATB
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I don't suppose you have any vintage charity events

Take that as a NO then, shame....

Knockedover is offline Strength.Determination.Merciless.Forever.
    Have to say it was great to see so many people of both disciplines enjoying our ground for a good cause as has already been said, everyone is always welcome to come and shoot at meon, the more the merrier thank you all for making it such a success

Take that as a NO then, shame....
    As it was irrelevant to the thread I'd imagine that's why it was ignored. As it happens we don't however Lea Valley have occasional vintage hft comps if that's what your after.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockedover View Post
    Have to say it was great to see so many people of both disciplines enjoying our ground for a good cause as has already been said, everyone is always welcome to come and shoot at meon, the more the merrier thank you all for making it such a success

As it was irrelevant to the thread I'd imagine that's why it was ignored. As it happens we don't however Lea Valley have occasional vintage hft comps if that's what your after.

Sorry if I came across rude, but it was not irrevelevent to the thread, as we Vintage shooters (Bisley BFTO) support local charity's and do a few events each year raising money for good causes for which I take no personal credit. Had your event had a vintage section, I feel certain that some of us local old boys would have turned up and chipped in.

Once again, sorry if it appeared that I was after something and very well done to those that raised such a grand £sum
    Last edited by Binners; 15-09-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Sorry if I came across rude, but it was not irrevelevent to the thread, as we Vintage shooters (Bisley BFTO) support local charity's and do a few events each year raising money for good causes for which I take no personal credit. Had your event had a vintage section, I feel certain that some of us local old boys would have turned up and chipped in.

Once again, sorry if it appeared that I was after something and very well done to those that raised such a grand £sum

Hi
    sorry that you didn't get a reply back straight away, I have been very busy with sorting out the results and writing up several reports on our event, for those that had donated. currently we do not hold any kind of vintage shoot's, although we do have some very vintage shooters , if you would like to contact the club secretary via our web page www.mvac.co.uk (there is a direct contact page) I'm sure he would be interested in the idea.

ATB
    Mike

Slightly belated thanks from myself and Richard for an excellent day out. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves even though R had the sort of dismal score that I've had recently. More practise needed......

Quote Originally Posted by happydad View Post
    Hi
    sorry that you didn't get a reply back straight away, I have been very busy with sorting out the results and writing up several reports on our event, for those that had donated. currently we do not hold any kind of vintage shoot's, although we do have some very vintage shooters , if you would like to contact the club secretary via our web page www.mvac.co.uk (there is a direct contact page) I'm sure he would be interested in the idea.

ATB
    Mike
    I normally expect a reply within 30 minutes

On a serious note, well done indeed to those that organised this event and raised such a vast sum from a local event. I wont bother the club secretary just yet, but watch this space