Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2015 - seconds out

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Cool Sussex Interclub HFT 2015 - seconds out

ROUND 9

Yes peops, we're now just 1 round short of the end of the 2015 SIHFT series; my how times flies by when you're having fun.

Just a week to go before we reach Sunday 20th September, when Swallows FTC steps up to the mark to be the host for the second time this year.

I'm sure that most of you are by now familiar with our location, just south of Lewes and close to Kingston Village. In case you are new to us, you'll find full details in our web site if you can successfully navigate to the link in my signature at the foot of this post

Following the time-honoured format for a SIHFT competition, Round 9 will commence with gates opening at 08:00.

Please AVOID arriving before this time as we cannot access the site before 7am and we're really not ready to cope with the hoards ahead of this. If you do arrive 'early' please be prepared to chip in with helping us set up the zero range, put up the marquee, lighting the BBQ, or whatever.

Booking in is unlikely to start before 08:30 and we will be aiming to deliver the pre-shoot safety briefing just before the double whistle blows at 10:00. You MUST be present at the safety briefing in order to be in the comp!!

Parking will be in the usual field; not in either of the fishing lakes car parks. To give drivers something Ford-esque to aim for, parking South East by East makes sense and do, please, park sensibly close to your neighbour. In spite of the wet stuff being forecast for the middle of this week, I fully expect all vehicles to get in and out of our field without difficulty; just please go slow (no 4x4 hand brake turns 'jus cos you can' please ).

Food and drinks will be available.

Entry fees are the normal for all SIHFT rounds i.e. £6 for Juniors/Primary class entrants and £7 for the rest. This includes your entry in to the end-of-shoot draw for the cash and Air Arms goody bag prizes, but remember that if you're not there when your name is pulled from the hat/bag, you'll not win.

Any visitors who are presently NOT full members of one of the six Sussex participating clubs wishing to attend, please contact me before the weekend if you've not already done so. The MVAC gentle-people are excepted from this requirement

And finally a plea - which I'll repeat if I remember during the briefing - for helpers to take the course down when the final whistle/hooter has gone. Swallows FTC has (compared to most club) very few members and we'd truly appreciate all the help you can give, while Charles and I sort out the scores.

See ya'll soon.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    ROUND 9

The MVAC gentle-people are excepted from this requirement
    That's nice - thank you, Mike

(not that all MVAC members could be described as "gentle" folk )

Lovely lovely!
    I don't mind helping out either. I'll bring in the kneeler and stander, before the shoot if its OK with you?
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    Lovely lovely!
    I don't mind helping out either. I'll bring in the kneeler and stander, before the shoot if its OK with you?
    Si
    Does this suggest we've identified your primary area on which to focus your training?

Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Given the weather we've had since the weekend, it just as well that so much got done last Saturday and Sunday.

Posting this to (primarily) put on record my HUGE THANKS to Steve and Vince for spending a large chunk of both those days with me. Many hours spent strimming, mowing, hacking and sawing (chain and bow varieties) out a course for next weekend. We'll be back again on Friday to put out ropes and Saturday (NO SPIES PLEASE) setting out the course itself.

Just hope I'm in a fit state to shoot on Sunday

Weather forecast for Sunday (according to Metcheck this evening) is a trifle disappointing. Dry (good), not too cold (good), sunny (mostly good) and very little wind (less good). Could do with a breeze to tricksy things up a bit.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 20-09-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Looking forward to it, I shall have Jean and Geoff in tow :-)
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    Looking forward to it, I shall have Jean and Geoff in tow :-)
    Pleased to hear you can make it down to deepest Sussex, though I do feel you should let Jean and Geoff ride along with you IN the car.

Biggles

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Pleased to hear you can make it down to deepest Sussex, though I do feel you should let Jean and Geoff ride along with you IN the car.

Biggles
    Gary feels he has an edge over us if we have an uncomfortable ride down in the trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by anubis View Post
    Gary feels he has an edge over us if we have an uncomfortable ride down in the trailer!
    You're on the roof rack this weekend Geoff.
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    You're on the roof rack this weekend Geoff.
    As I said Gary, always looking to gain an edge!

Course designed and safety ropes (all 1.5 k of them!) laid out yesterday ..... with loads of help from Vince and Gerry.

Back up there today to place the targets.

No peeping

Biggles

Cool

Oh boy, that was a long day and my back/hips/knees are now killing me. Gerry told me that taking quinine should help avoid cramp overnight, so I'm now downing my 2nd large G&T

MASSIVE thanks for their efforts to Vince, Steve and Carla for (apart from the ropes) setting out a 30 shot UKAHFT course pretty much from scratch. Just hope now that it's to your liking in the morning

I'm sure all other clubs must have a few more helpers

Gerry and Stewart also came to the rescue, after this morning we discovered that the generator - while making lots of noise - was producing no volts. I believe the techie term was bu**ered bearing on the generator. In order to have the kettles going full blast tomorrow, the club has invested in a brand new genny. Please put 10p in the tea/coffee pot when you get the chance; should recoup the cost in around 5 years (maybe less at the rate our mob usually drink).

See y'all tomorrow, by which time (according to metcheck) the wind will have swung round to the south west (it was mostly north today) and almost certainly mean rechecking the grass and reed beds for obstructions at dawn.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 19-09-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo (or two)

Well done Lewis

Top shooting Lewis - two ahead of the field to get first clear round!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

swallows

Top shooting lewes.
    Many thanks to all involved at swallows.
    Thanks to charles and chris for company.
    All the best
    Graeme

I'm sure you'll find it anyway ....... but just in case it helps, the full results from today are now posted

HERE

I will post another thread soonish, with a full update of the individual SIHFT league table. This should help you all plan your extra efforts ahead of Round 10 at Buxted on the 4th October.

All the best

Biggles