Thread: Airsporter variation query

Airsporter variation query

There was a lot in the Swan collection number 942, described as a BSA underlever development rifle based on the Airsporter Mk II. with rising Breech .22 cal. serial number RW 1056 (Roger Wackraw).
    I've never seen another, did anything come of the development? The system looked similar to the one used on the Merlins.
    I had a bid on it but let it go and am now feeling some regret.
    Mel.

swan auction

Hi, Mel,like you i regret not bidding more on one of the lots, lot 1034, a (clair frere ),ebony fluted stock, silver inlay every were, pump in the stock, i cant find any onfo on gun or maker, any body have any info. Re your post re the julian wills, disk shooting bugelspanner, i found a 4 page article on this gun, in AIR GUNNER, sept 2009, by John Atkins and David Swan,it seems to be the only known example, very interesting write up,i am sure lots of members would find this interesting, can i scan the article and put on here without infringing on any copy write laws (one for the Mods, or John himself) ATB,Ray.

Hello Ray, I'm with you there, I thought the Clair Freres was one of the nicest guns in the sale. I was tempted to have a go but there are limits, I also bought some swords (another of my weaknesses) earlier in the sale.
    Mel.