Thread: decocking a hw45

decocking a hw45

hi,im a bit of a newbie and this is my first thread. just wondering if its possible to decock a weihrauch hw45 pistol!

You will have to fire it.

De-cocking isn't possible with the HW45.

Yep you will have to fire it, but DON'T fire it without a pellet in the barrel! Dry firing (shooting without a pellet) a springer WILL damage the spring.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

The HW45 does state that it can be dry-fired by placing it against a soft but firm surface and firing it.

Personally, I wouldn't.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

If you've cocked it and aren't sure it's got a pellet in. You can still flip the the dummy hammer and open it to check, then close to fire. The spring will still be under tension and has to be fired to release spring tension. Its best to avoid dry firing any spring pistol but it is said that the HW is factory dry fired to seat the piston seal so it's up to you and your pocket if you do risk it! ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

The HW45 manual differentiates between dry firing and uncocking.

On pg 11 it says "Avoid unnecessary dry firing, firing without a pellet, in order to prevent wear or breaking of parts. Never dry fire a spring-piston gun"

On pg13 "To uncock an empty air pistol, no pellet inserted, firmly depress muzzle opening against a soft pad, carpet, cardboard, and discharge it"

Seems to make sense. Don't fire it without any resistance to the spring movement.

Rgds, Rob

Oh, sorry to quote manuals but I spent 40 yrs in IT support & my most used phrase was RTFM.