Thread: Nockover classic / summer sizzler - sun 27th sept.

Nockover classic / summer sizzler - sun 27th sept.

Hi all

As per the events page, our 40th anniversary Medley event is taking place this Sunday at Popham.

The format is as follows:-

30 shot Classic HFT
    20 shot TAG &
    30 shot Pistol HFT.

There are 3 entry categories, Recoiless inc semi-recoiless, recoiling and junior (15 and under).

If shooting recoiling (springer) then that is your choice for the complete event. All disciplines must be shot with a recoiling gun including pistol which must also be in open sights. If shooting pre-charged in HFT and TAG and you wish to use a recoiling pistol then that is fine.

The concept of the recoiling class is to shoot with similar albeit modern versions of the rifles we would have been using back some 40 years ago when it all started for BARPC.

I will go over the rules on Sunday morning but if you have any questions or which to kick off the banter, feel free to get stuck in.

Cheers

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Looking forward to this - one of the season's TOP events.

Both myself and Vince from Swallows FTC will be joining the happy throng.

Fingers crossed the weather stays as forecast.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Morning Bob

Two little questions:

1. What's the scheduled booking-in time and kick-off?
    2. Would you describe (perhaps short of setting out the full rules) what format the "TAG" comp takes?

Ta

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Morning Bob

Two little questions:

1. What's the scheduled booking-in time and kick-off?
    2. Would you describe (perhaps short of setting out the full rules) what format the "TAG" comp takes?

Ta

Biggles
    Certainly Sir

9.00am for 10.00am start. Briefing at about 9.50.

TAG SHOOT RULES

20 Targets and 20 firing points.
    Targets can be shot either standing or kneeling.
    Targets may be at any distance but will be a min of 7-8 yards.
    Any size kill may be used. 15mm at 65 yards has been set out before (and dropped)
    Kill zones will probably be the same colour as the target (how often do you see a rabbit with a 40mm yellow disc on it

Scoring

Score 1 for a kill (target dropped)
    Score minus 2 (-2) for a miss or plate
    However, if you are honest and don't think you will get a "clean" kill then you can opt out by not taking the shot and enter a zero.

This competition has been won before with a minus figure but remember that a minus figure is taken off the overall medley score.

Anyone shooting in the recoiling class will be required to shoot recoiling in all three events and the pistol must be recoiling with open sights!

Embrace the challenge, we say

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Certainly Sir

9.00am for 10.00am start. Briefing at about 9.50.

TAG SHOOT RULES

20 Targets and 20 firing points.
    Targets can be shot either standing or kneeling.
    Targets may be at any distance but will be a min of 7-8 yards.
    Any size kill may be used. 15mm at 65 yards has been set out before (and dropped)
    Kill zones will probably be the same colour as the target (how often do you see a rabbit with a 40mm yellow disc on it

Scoring

Score 1 for a kill (target dropped)
    Score minus 2 (-2) for a miss or plate
    However, if you are honest and don't think you will get a "clean" kill then you can opt out by not taking the shot and enter a zero.

This competition has been won before with a minus figure but remember that a minus figure is taken off the overall medley score.

Anyone shooting in the recoiling class will be required to shoot recoiling in all three events and the pistol must be recoiling with open sights!

Embrace the challenge, we say

Bob
    Hmmm. Best try to get down to the club on Saturday to practice my 15mm 65 yard standers

Wonder how many shots before I knock one over, Will I get bored/fed up before I run out of pellets or it gets too dark to see?

Thanks (I think )

Biggles

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hmmm. Best try to get down to the club on Saturday to practice my 15mm 65 yard standers

Wonder how many shots before I knock one over, Will I get bored/fed up before I run out of pellets or it gets too dark to see?

Thanks (I think )

Biggles
    At the very least you can have one of our limited Anniversary badges Mike

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL964.../411681580.jpg

Only available to competitors and club members.

Bob

BARPC

Apologies for leaving this until rather late in the day ..... but on the basis of better late than never

Please accept this as a HUGE THANKS from the Swallows FTC crew of Wince and Mike.

Every bit as good an event as ever for the Sizzler.

Crying shame that more didn't turn up to support and have 'fun' with your CSFT rules HFT course and the TAG.

Reckon my overall 5th place was largely down to the Pistol HFT which produced 1 point short of 50% of my total score. Happy with that considering I bought the pistol a couple of weeks ago and only shot it for the first time yesterday

Wince would have done the same had he remembered to pack it !?!

Thanks again

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 27-09-2015 at 08:29 PM.