Thread: Very informative & some great tips.

Very informative & some great tips.

Hi All,
    I've just spent a couple of hours reading through a lot of the posts on here and found some very informative information and tips.
    The question I'm asking myself is why have I left it so long in reading through some of the info available to us all ?
    I shall definitely be around on here a lot more from this point forward and reading with great glee.
    I currently own a Weihrauch HW45 (still trying to master the power of that recoil lol, & I have recently purchased a Colt Defender CO2 BB & Crossman 357 .177 pellet. Both very good for what they are.
    I'll be getting them all out at the weekend for a little more handling and fun.
    Thanks for sharing guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TH.Taz View Post
    Hi All,
    I've just spent a couple of hours reading through a lot of the posts on here and found some very informative information and tips.
    The question I'm asking myself is why have I left it so long in reading through some of the info available to us all ?
    I shall definitely be around on here a lot more from this point forward and reading with great glee.
    I currently own a Weihrauch HW45 (still trying to master the power of that recoil lol, & I have recently purchased a Colt Defender CO2 BB & Crossman 357 .177 pellet. Both very good for what they are.
    I'll be getting them all out at the weekend for a little more handling and fun.
    Thanks for sharing guys.
    Glad you've found the forum helpful. Thats what its for. Giving and receiving info on techniques and pistols etc. I too have the HW45 and 357 in .177. Both fine shooters. I've experimented a lot with the 45, and find consistency of hold, choose how lightly or firmly is the way to go. When I get good hits, It's always because i've kept a non moving grip after setting it, I've not let focus drift from front sight alignment, and got a good gradual trigger press that hasn't moved that front sight. Ive not found recoil to cause problems "IF" I get all the above together! I can FEEL a good shot. This goes for all guns of course! and is the challenge that keeps us practicing. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Great tips...

I've been shooting air pistols & rifles since the '70's, & recently taken it up again. Found this site to be very useful for info. & also bought some nice guns at fair prices from fellow members.

The first ever 'new' airgun I bought was a Crosman 357-6 a couple of years back. Keep being tempted by an HW45 - but every time I have a bit of 'spare' cash I end up buying another 'old' Webley pistol/rifle or an equally aged BSA air rifle...

Enjoy...
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

hello taz, welcome to the site mate.
    yeah this is a good place to be with some nice guys on here to, im sure your fit in nicely. happy shooting.
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

very informative and some great tips

Im new to the forum but when i have looked through alot of the posts its amazing the helpful info along with great people on the forum. im pleased to be a member.