Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RWS Basic pellets - cheap and good!

RWS Basic pellets - cheap and good!

Hi All,

you do not see these very often in the UK but I just got 10 Tins of these (5000 pellets) from Germany via fleabay for under £30 delivered. These come in a green tin.
    10000 pellets (20 tins) are around £45. That's less than a third of the the price of R10s.

They seem well made with very few, if any damaged, pellets and, for an average shooter like me, seem every bit as good as R10s or Meisterkugeln in all the target weapons I've tried them in. They are light in weight (7gr) very consistent in size (judging by feel when loading at least), I'm not getting any (unexpected!) fliers and seem a good buy to me.

I've still got a couple of thousand Meisterkugeln to shoot (I bought 5000 of those a while back...) but glad I got these for when the meisterkugeln are used up. 5000 will last me a while

NB: I've no connection with any of the sellers... just passing on what for me at least has been a good deal.

Cheers,

Frog
    Last edited by Frog; 24-09-2015 at 05:16 PM.

I done some clamped group testing with my LP2 last week and RWS Geco's made a 5 shot hole only fractionally (and it was very fractionally) bigger than R10's, the R10's made pretty much a single hole not much bigger than a pellet but in my hands I doubt the difference would ever be noticed, the price however would be with Geco's about 50% cheaper then R10's, My thoughts are buying the Geco's, getting twice as many pellets and practicing more will make my groups far tighter than a tin of expensive pellets
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    I done some clamped group testing with my LP2 last week and RWS Geco's made a 5 shot hole only fractionally (and it was very fractionally) bigger than R10's, the R10's made pretty much a single hole not much bigger than a pellet but in my hands I doubt the difference would ever be noticed, the price however would be with Geco's about 50% cheaper then R10's, My thoughts are buying the Geco's, getting twice as many pellets and practising more will make my groups far tighter than a tin of expensive pellets

I agree - if I were consistently shooting 560+ ex 600 I might feel the need for that extra minute degree of accuracy in the pellet. But that is not going to happen (at least not again...) so I'm happy to keep my hand in and shoot these cheaper pellets even if they cost me, say, 2 or 3 points in 600 - I really doubt it is more than that.

I'm not sure my logic is entirely right but these pellets are good enough that the rare and very small deviation compared to the very best pellet is as likely to turn a 9 in to a lucky 10 as it is a 10 into an unlucky 9.... Or does madness lie along that line of thinking...

Frog
    Last edited by Frog; 24-09-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Sounds like you have got yourself a bargain there !

I have never seen or used any of these pellets but I do have some experience with the GECO pellets and they really are very good for the money and have always been a very popular choice in our club - along with the RWS Hobby.

RWS CO2 pellets (surprisingly) seem to work very well in lots of non-CO2 match pistols but I have not tried them yet in a match air rifle.

All of the above are less expensive than the top R10 pellets but give just as good results for those that choose to use them.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Any ideas what the difference is between basic and gecos?
    Price point seems to be similar and weight the same.
    Wonder if the basic is a lead free alternative??
    Strange that rws would market the 2 pellets at the same level!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoolio View Post
    Any ideas what the difference is between basic and gecos?
    Price point seems to be similar and weight the same.
    Wonder if the basic is a lead free alternative??
    Strange that rws would market the 2 pellets at the same level!
    I just compared the Basic with a Geco. I can not say for sure they are the same but to my eye they appear very similar in shape. The basics look 'crisper' in terms of how they are formed - the angles are tighter / cleaner. They both have the same little band around the skirt. The Basic are shinier but the gecos I am comparing with are pretty old ones...

Looking on the internet I came across this shop
    selling both gecos and basics (a bit more expensive than the gecos). So I guess they are different but who knows. I'll see if I can email RWS!

I would say the basics shoot better than Hobby which I have found inconsistent sizing on lately.

Frog

Would you share the seller with us, the best I can find are from Portugal at £27 for 6 tins posted, I rather fancy getting 10 tins.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    Would you share the seller with us, the best I can find are from Portugal at £27 for 6 tins posted, I rather fancy getting 10 tins.
    Peter
    Hi Peter,

Check this fleabay item (put in fleabay search box) - 111776721659

Seller I received them from is called uehmschiessen

Cheers

Frog
    Last edited by Frog; 25-09-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Many thanks Frog, Just ordered 10 tins.
    Peter

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Interesting read below if these pellets float your boat.

http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?...835b1&start=20

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

The exchange rate was not as good last night as when Frog bought his pellets but £31.02 is still a good price at the moment and probably worth a try to see if they suite your barrel.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RWS basic pellets

I have tried Geco,s and RWS co2 through my CP88 Pistol and i get the same size groups no matter which ones i shoot out of the two. My CP88 loves them. And my HW40 likes Geco,s to.

Basics

Thanks for the help, found them, £30-42 this evening. try then and see! :-)

Hello to All,

zooma kindly gifted me a tin of RWS CO2 pellets. They look extremely well made, and have shot very well in :

1) Walther LG90
    2) Feinwerkbau 300
    3) Feinwerkbau 65
    4) Diana Model 10
    5) Bailkal MP-46M
    6) Gamo Compact

Compared with my shooting skill level (not good ), these pellets are ideal, don't cost me any points, and price wise are excellent.

I have tended to use JSB pellets across the board for the target guns, but now I will be stocking up on the RWS CO2s

The CO2s even shot surprisingly well in my short-stroke AirArms TX200 @ 820 fps (The most accurate pellet I have found for my TX200 is the 4.51 JSB Exact)

An average of 5 x 50 samples of the CO2s, gives a mean pellet weight of 7.12 gr.

Have fun & a good weekend !

Best regards

Russ

Thanks Frog, just ordered his 20 tin deal tonight (no 10 tin deals on at the moment), so if they're better than hobbys, they should be great at that price.