Thread: 1967 Guns magazine

1967 Guns magazine

Baz found a Guns magazine from 1967.
    USA publication.
    I have had a good read.
    Obviously objections to proposed new legislation on arms ,and technical stuff but lots of humour aimed at Hunters and Gun Shows.

Advert for Webley Premier $27.50 - an introduction to handling firearms.
    Same price for a Webley Jaguar air rifle.

G66 gun blue which is still going strong as G96.

A picture of a nice gun cabinet full of handguns and a Crosman 600.

As it is an American mag long article on US Marines shoulder fired anti aircraft missile Redeye.
    Again written with much humour.
    Apparently training had to stop as the marines were hitting too many drones!

Black powder,hunting,target shooting ,Bowie knife collection all in the one magazine.
    I'd buy it today.
    Last edited by gingernut; 25-09-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Interesting read. I have a 1920s issue of the American NRA's journal and parts would make uncomfortable reading for many of today's audience. There is a story of a BSA air rifle being used to shoot someone in the behind at a Camp Perry meeting and more than one reference to the 'N' word, in the racist sense. Different times I guess.

John

I like reading the old 1960's and 70's "Guns Review", full of fascinating articles by all sorts of interesting eccentrics, of a generation that is no more. Plus the diversity of wonderful stuff for sale, at even then very reasonable prices. Certainly a golden era for the shooting and collecting community.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I like reading the old 1960's and 70's "Guns Review", full of fascinating articles by all sorts of interesting eccentrics, of a generation that is no more. Plus the diversity of wonderful stuff for sale, at even then very reasonable prices. Certainly a golden era for the shooting and collecting community.
    Probably the best all round shooting publication there ever was and ever will be, the much missed Guns Review. There an almost complete run for sale at the Midland Game Fair for £100 last week. I think two issues were missing, whereas my own collection requires 4 issues to be 100% complete.

John