Plastic cartridges have got to be one of the most difficult items to dispose of in large quantities. In fact there does not seem any way they can be disposed of, other than in small numbers in the dustbin.

A clay shoot near me has got a skip and 3 jumbo bags full of plastic cases and the amount increases every week. This must be happenning all over the country.

The downside of plastic, in my opinion, is that they stay on the ground years after they have been shot, if they are left there, and some people do leave them. You can get static caused by them rubbing together that attracts grime that can end up in the chamber of the gun, which does not do it any good.
As for them being waterproof, I see no real advantage over varnished paper cases which are moisture resistant, and to some degree waterproof enough for most of us.
Perhaps plastic should be used only for shooting over marshes and wetlands where it is likely the user will be out in bad weather.
For the rest, that shoot over fields or inland ponds then paper is more than adequate. paper will rot away and eventually the head will rust away as well.

I know they should not be left where you shoot but people do leave them. Discarded cases can choke cattle so they should be collected up.

What do others think?