Thread: B96, pellet fussy little bugger!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

B96, pellet fussy little bugger!

I got my wife a B96 five shot semi auto, I had it serviced by Magicniner including a new design of valve and the power is now very healthy. The trouble is that out of the four mags I have, only two work with any pellet I try! It's a different two each time, but if I use the wrong two for the wrong pellets it jams, misfeeds and generally buggers about!
    My wife's just annoyed with it now and wants me to sell it, before I do, is this normal and is there a pellet anyone can recommend?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Press the pellets home with a golf tee or similar to ensure that the skirt does not project even slightly beyond the rear of the magazine.

Rutty

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    Press the pellets home with a golf tee or similar to ensure that the skirt does not project even slightly beyond the rear of the magazine.

Rutty
    I have to do that or it won't cycle at all! The trouble is with some pellet/mag combos the pellets are then too loose and fall forward and cause a jam.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Mine used to do the same until Checkmate serviced it and from then on it behaved perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Mine used to do the same until Checkmate serviced it and from then on it behaved perfectly.
    What pellets are you using? I've just spent £100 having this reworked/serviced etc so am loathe to spend more. With the right pellet in the right mag it's faultless, I would just like to be able to use all the mags with a single pellet.

I used to use RWS Geco's - good pellets and cheap too (which is always a consideration in any multi-shot gun)
    If it keeps doing it with any reasonable quality pellet then I would certainly considering asking the guy who serviced it to perhaps just recheck it.

I have no problem with Gecos in mine.
    Only £3.50 for 500.
    Dislikes expensive R10s

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I got my wife a B96 five shot semi auto, I had it serviced by Magicniner including a new design of valve and the power is now very healthy. The trouble is that out of the four mags I have, only two work with any pellet I try! It's a different two each time, but if I use the wrong two for the wrong pellets it jams, misfeeds and generally buggers about!
    My wife's just annoyed with it now and wants me to sell it, before I do, is this normal and is there a pellet anyone can recommend?
    Absolutely not Nick, I tend to test the B96 with H&N Finale Match Pistol most, sometimes, R10 Pistol as well as some of the cheaper variants. Never had a problem after a service.

Dave

RWS Hobby work fine in my B96 but ensure pellets are well seated and skirts not protruding as already advised.

Sorted!

I reckon I've sorted it. Extensive testing today has revealed that one of my mags cycles faultlessly with any pellet at any fire-rate, the other three have mixed results with mixed pellets.

The perfect one is chambered at 4.52mm mm with a mag height of 7.01mm, the other three are all chambered 4.44mm with a height of 7.11-7.13mm.

I conclude from that that there are three aftermarket mags which aren't working well in this gun!

Opinions?

I wasn't aware anyone made aftermarket magazines as they are difficult to get hold of...perhaps ask another b96 owner to try yours - if they cycle OK in another gun then you'll know where the problem lies.
    I can recall mine had 5 mags and some were definitely tighter in the bores than others - but they all cycled fine.