Thread: 30w ND oil

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...

30w ND oil

Can I use 30w None Detergent oil for CO2 capsules think I`ve seen it somewhere that peligun oil is 30w ND but with a colour added , it`s just that I have a 5L tin of it !!!
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

ND oil? Some one said pelgun oil was ATF (automatic transmission fluid, also called power steering fluid)
    For the sake of a few £ buy the proper thing, it lasts an age
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

It makes sense that the old Pellgunoil is similar to automatic transmission fluid. The auto boxes are full of seals that have to work under high pressure and a wide range of temperatures and the oil looks after them. They take a lot more punishment than seals in an air pistol. Seems to have a similar viscosity also.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Yep, pellgun oil is ATF

I remember reading the safety data sheet for it once.
    Ex-Airgunner

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    That sorts that then anyone want a 5 L tin of Classic 30w ND oil perfect for vintage motors Regards Gordon.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    That sorts that then anyone want a 5 L tin of Classic 30w ND oil perfect for vintage motors Regards Gordon.
    I seem to remember that this stuff is the recommended lube for the older Webley pistols?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I seem to remember that this stuff is the recommended lube for the older Webley pistols?
    Don't forget that in the days these pistols were originally designed there was far less choice of lubricants than we have today. I never take much notice of all the recommended lubricants from the vintage makers and choose from the range of available lubes we have today.

Regards Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Don't forget that in the days these pistols were originally designed there was far less choice of lubricants than we have today. I never take much notice of all the recommended lubricants from the vintage makers and choose from the range of available lubes we have today.

Regards Baz
    Very good point, Baz.

And I have seen many posts indicating that they are, indeed, much nicer once treated to a "moly grease re-lube".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!