Thread: Tumbler help!

Tumbler help!

Am looking to buy a Tumbler, yet i have never brought or even used one in my life.
    so please people point me in the right direction on what and where and price (keeping it low if possible)
    Thanks guys!

Get an ultrasonic cleaner instead. Use citric acid, vinegar or Sterident tablets. Cleans the primer pocket as well as the case and you don't end up with media everywhere.

And why the big font

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Get an ultrasonic cleaner instead. Use citric acid, vinegar or Sterident tablets. Cleans the primer pocket as well as the case and you don't end up with media everywhere.

And why the big font
    How do you make sure it is properly dry in side?
    And the reason for the big font is was messing around with the fonts etc.

Hi I have a frankford-arsenal tumbler here. It's OK and I use it with shell-chippings (walnut I believe)
    but for the really tricky to get to parts and for things that the tumbler doesn't remove I use a small
    and rather old ultrasomic tank. I've not tried citric-acid / vinegar before I will try that...

I find that for really grubby cases it 's best for me to put the tumbler on overnight on cheap-rate
    electricity.

I use a commercial solvent in the ultrasonic tank so that goes outside then it's on as it gets hot
    and smelly. But cartridges do dry-out by themselves when they come out of it so no wet residue.
    --
    S. Bluck.
    Vroom-Rattle-Bang-creak (Motorbikes, old landrovers, Shooting, and I'm getting OLD....)

All tumbling methods are a bit of a faff and all do the job
    Dry media lyman tumblers have to sieve media out
    Wet media stainless pin have to sieve and dry cases
    Wet media ultrasonic have to dry cases & can be really noisy.

I've used all three and the stainless pin gives me the best results but I have kept the others as backs ups and for small runs

The choice is yours 😀

Quote Originally Posted by 357marlin View Post
    How do you make sure it is properly dry in side? .
    I had a flat top radiator I used to store them on for a day or so in the winter.

Or in the oven really low with the door open.

Or waft the wife's hairdryer over them (Not tried this as don't have a wife or a hairdryer and worry its not consistent)

Or in the dehydrator

Lyman turbo 1200

They where doing them cheap at Hannams. Lyman turbo 1200 with free media for £60
    have look

http://hannamsreloading.com/