Thread: Very early Sportsmatch made Oiginal mod 45 custom stock

Very early Sportsmatch made Oiginal mod 45 custom stock

Hi,

I wonder if I can tap into the collectors knowledge please re some unusual custom stocks designed and manufactured by Sportsmatch but marketed by Leisurewise Ltd probably in the early to mid 80s?

I have 4 of these in matt black in an ambi target style (raised cheek, deeper forend, vertical grip and adjustable buttplates with inserts) made of a duromer polymer. These have never been used or had actions fitted.

Please can you give me a rough idea of value for an individual stock as I know nothing about these or original 45s.

I can happily email a pic or two.

Pete

Sportmatch stock

I remember these in an old airgun mag in the early 80's and always wondered where they went as they never seemed to be a big push on advertising them. Value wish? i'd look one and happy to pay £140...some gents on this forum may have more knowledge on the value so over to them. The Orginial 45 is an all time classic rifle and depending on condition and fetch upwards of £200 depending on cal. Hope thats some help?.Regards Mach 1.5

Sportmatch stock

Pic of John Ford and Geoff Boxall holding one in Airgun World June 1981 it says Gowers were going to market them? Mach 1.5

Hi,

YHM with pics to help with the I.d of it. Thank you very much for the information.

Kind regards

Pete
    Last edited by 666; 30-09-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Made by John Ford and his then partner Mr Dyer. These stocks are the origin of the ''Sportsmatch' name. John ahead of his time as per.

Be aware that these ALWAYS break across the grip if used. This is why production stopped. so very much a collectors item.

I would be interested to know how you have 4, they were distributed by Gowers of Leighton Buzzard where Geoff Boxall worked before he went to Gunmark, it must be an interesting tale.

Hope this helps

richard

I think Barry Mc Graw used a modified one of these on an early Daystate. My neighbour bought one for his FWB sport but went back to the factory stock ultimately- it was a long time ago....circa 1990? Think they were about £35?

pic please,

hi pete,

would like to see a pic please, legionaire.tj@gmail.com many thanks tim,

Yhm

Pete