Thread: Fas 604

Fas 604

I recently picked up one of these and it was fairly cheap despite being in good nick and in one of my local gunshops because it had an unattractive child's grip on it. Which is cool as my unattractive child will at some point get to use it .

Thanks to Nige on here, it now has a nice large adult grip with adjustable palm shelf. So I can use it too .

It's an early (4-digit serial) Mk1. Haven't put it through its paces yet, but I think I like it. Nice trigger for one thing.

Any advice, hints or tips?

In particular:

- do the BAR seal kits for the 6004 fit the 604?

and

- the sights are big and blocky. Which is probably fine, but are there different front and rear blades available?

No-one?

Just bumping this to see if anyone can add to my knowledge. Had a little play with it today, liked it, then comprehensively outshot it with my FWB LP80. Oh well.....

I don't recall seeing sight options available when I used one, they should be very accurate however if your used to the weight of an FWB 80 it may take a little getting used to, I could outshoot my LP1 with my FWB80 untill I got used to the lighter weight, the FAS is a fine pistol that I used to get excellent results with, the only SSP I prefered to the FAS was my Pardini P10, wish I hadn't sold that one.

Not sure about the 6004 seals but the 604 uses o rings except for the wiper behind the piston o ring, this is however a sponge ring that should not need replacing and does not assist the compression of the pistol.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more