Thread: Some Rare Pellet Tins

Some Rare Pellet Tins

Spot the extremely rare tin of pellets in the accompaniment to this Thunderbolt Junior coming up at auction soon

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...1-a52200c97879

Pity about the scratches to the lid, but along with the Wasps, these tins, with the possible exception of the Vaseline, should add significantly to the finally realised price of this item.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 01-10-2015 at 08:39 PM.

There's me thinking the rare one was the Vaseline tin Brian!

The large tin with no label at centre looks like a .22 Wasp tin with quite a nice side label. Normally that's the one that is missing.

Not sure the Black Boy tin will enhance the value though, with those scratches.

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 02-10-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Spot the extremely rare tin of pellets in the accompaniment to this Thunderbolt Junior coming up at auction soon

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...1-a52200c97879

Pity about the scratches to the lid, but along with the Wasps, these tins, with the possible exception of the Vaseline, should add significantly to the finally realised price of this item.

Regards

Brian
    Looks like the Black Boy tin owner had a fit of political correctness. Either that or he was a terrible racist.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Without a proper look at it, I would estimate the Thunderbolt Junior at around £150 including costs. What do we reckon the pellet tins might add given the sadly defaced state of the Black Boys ?

Maybe the Vaseline tin contained ready lubricated pellets.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Maybe the Vaseline tin contained ready lubricated pellets.

Regards

Brian
    Oo-er Mrs!

Hard to value Brian. I guess it depends on whether they have any original contents. As is and on assumption the tins are empty, I'd value at an additional £70 for the tins.

Very rough valuation mind.

Just thinking about it, Webley used to recommend Vaseline for lubing the leather piston washers on the Mk 1 pistol, so maybe the tin has seen service in a shooting capacity.

John

Pllet tins

HOOO HOO, I must go searching, I think I have two of those red wasp tins, one of them still has ammo in it.
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.